Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Hutchison is on Lou Dobbs

watching now....amazing how calm she can be considering....

she is saying that the "managers amendment" was about 115 pages long and they only had one hour to read it. This is the one that had the social security issue and the consulting Mexico before building wall among other amendments in it.

she said her office had 1578 calls/faxes from people against the bill (this week) and only 12 in favor of it.

This is KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON, not Bay Buchanan. Wake up people.

any amendment that doesn't provide ample time to study should not be allowed on the floor for a vote -- apparently there was a conspiracy to commit fraud
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Thanks...it has been a long week and I'm tired....brain blip. I knew that but...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodHelpUs

Quote Originally Posted by barkway
    Thanks...it has been a long week and I'm tired....brain blip. I knew that but...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodHelpUs
    I understand completely barkway. Sorry to be so gruff on my previous post, but we must remain aware and alert. I believe we are literally fighting for our lives here.

any amendment that doesn't provide ample time to study should not be allowed on the floor for a vote -- apparently there was a conspiracy to commit fraud
    That struck me as pretty crooked. It's insanity to have these people vote on something they don't give them time to read. Do they do that alot?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    That struck me as pretty crooked. It's insanity to have these people vote on something they don't give them time to read. Do they do that alot?
    so I've heard, they will vote on something and never read it
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Senators and Representatives have aides, apprentices, analysts read the bills. The Senators, in particular, are then apprised of the "jist" of the bills and the associated amendments to the bills.

Did you notice yesterday that the Senators didn't even show up at the Senate chambers until around 11am? Then they mill around and miss the rollcall the first time it is called. They are busy plotting and planning and making deals with each other and with lobbyists before they even begin to do the PEOPLES WORK. The Senate is known as the "millionaires club" because almost every one of them is a millionaire before they even step foot into the Senate on their first day as a senator. After they take office they get even richer. They pay for very few things themselves once they get elected. It's a real racket.

Say, about reading the last minute maneuver amendment ....

Wasn't it said some time ago, that the staff work on the issues the senators vote on? Something like that.

Well heck, besides not being given enough time to read it, like slippery Spector's insertion, how many senators truly read what their voting on anyway?

I've gotten to the point that the good ones are few and far in between. How many bad apples are in that bunch? In addition to those elected?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast