Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

pearce's bill

Can they really do it retro active? Will the Supreme Court allow it?

Technically if they "clarified" the amendment and did not change anything they could, considering that the amendment was written in the 1800s.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

pearce's bill

It would be great if they could and the Supreme Court held it as you know its going to go to them.

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    Technically if they "clarified" the amendment and did not change anything they could, considering that the amendment was written in the 1800s.
    Bingo. And nothing the SC could do on it either. However I'd expect anything within the current time being if it was passed there would be a catch to state only those born after the date of the clarification.

We also have to many GOP who also oppose this currently to really have a chance w/o giving a fair bit in. Still it needs to go forward just so the American people can see specifically who is standing against them in this issue. Same for many other potential bills.

pearce's bill

So you dont think it is going to be done? and then it has to get through the Senate and then Obama.

Gov Brewer is all for it, she flat out said on the news that these people are just coming over here to have babies so they can collect benefits and AZ can't sustain it anymore.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

pearce's bill

Who can afford it anymore? LA county is 1.5 b when you in all costs but the schooling (makes it more). Most states have budget deficits due to medicaid matches; educating them; etc and this is the 3rd or 4th year in the recession with no end time in sight.

Re: pearce's bill

Quote Originally Posted by jmfay
    So you dont think it is going to be done? and then it has to get through the Senate and then Obama.
    I believe actually Obama doesn't even get a say in it. Obama has to sign off on new laws and changes to law. Interpretation however I'm 99% sure is out of his hands.

However with the Senate and a few GOP senators mongering to the illegal crowd and their future *voters*... I really doubt it would pass or even brought up as we all know Reid was put in off the efforts of illegals. He would do everything he can to make sure it doesn't come up.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm betting in 2012 we have to shove this down when we take control as ONLY interpetation and then clean up the false citizenships right quick.

pearce's bill

2012 looks like a much better bet since gop has 10 seats up and the dems have 23. ND looks like an easy pick up for the GOP so they would only need 3 more.

Obama has his little army though so if he gets re elected; we need bigger margins to override the veto. You know he will veto it as he really doesnt care about average citizens.

Banned
    Obama is gonna veto anything thats gonna upset the latino comunity. He needs every vote especially in California. The GOP needs to really focus on taking the HOSUE as well as SENATE and then do to Obama what he did to the American public with Obamacare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast