Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Vitter needs our thanks and support

NOTE: Let's make sure to contact Senator Vitter and thank him for his stance. See the letter below just received via e-mail from him. He's on board with the ALIPAC position.

Dear Mr. Bennett,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to amnesty for illegal aliens. I appreciate you sharing your views with me , and I agree with you 100 percent .

I llegal immigration must be controlled, and I am firmly opposed to amnesty. Amnesty sends the wrong message - that of a reward - to those who have been evading our laws. Also, it is extremely unfair to all of the legal immigrants who came to this nation and obeyed our laws to become citizens.

You may be pleased to know that I offered an amendment to remove the amnesty provisions from the Kennedy immigration bill . My amendment would have eliminat ed the Z Visa amnesty provisions in the legislation that would give illegal aliens legal status . Z Visas are amnesty - pure and simple . Unfortunately, my amendment was defeated , but I assure you I will continue to fight to curtail illegal immigration .

I strongly believe that we need to dramatically improve our border security by having more agents patrolling our borders and making major investments in infrastructure improvements, such as strategic fencing and increased detention space. Congress and the p resident should focus on securing our borders and strengthening our interior enforcement , not rewarding law breakers with amnesty.

Once again, thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you.

Sincerely,

Senator David Vitter
    United States Senator
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    All of the 'good' Senators need our help and support especially the ones that switched their votes from last year and the courageous Dems. They are probably really getting beaten up by the opposition and leaders in their own party.

Names and numbers here:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67491

I agree we need to show all of them how appreciative that we are. I have been calling to give my thanks and staffers are saying that they are receiving a lot of thank you calls. Let's keep it up@

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    I agree we need to show all of them how appreciative that we are. I have been calling to give my thanks and staffers are saying that they are receiving a lot of thank you calls. Let's keep it up@
    Good. It is very important that we show our gratitude. I hope everyone is making calls.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Heh heh....I'm trying to limit my cell phone time after the past week of calls. I always use the 202 DC numbers and with only 1000 minutes, I may have exceeded my allotment this month. Oh well -- good cause!

Here's my email to Vitter:

Dear Senator Vitter,

At this time, I wanted to extend my heartfelt appreciation to you and your staff for supporting America and for creating your Amendment. The Z Visa portion of the S.1348 Bill was a sham and would have allowed too many illegals to have obtained permanent-temporary status in America. (Who would support a conundrum like 'permanent temporary' anyway?)

Like the majority of U.S. citizens, I am opposed to much of the S.1348 Immigration Reform Bill. As you have discovered, the Bill was weak and was artificially propped up by "triggers" that were meant to entice citizens and our elected Senators to accept the Bill.

Why would we accept a poorly constructed Bill, created without correct due process, when we have current laws to protect our borders already ? We need no "triggers" for our laws to be enforced.

As we both believe, our Nation must secure our borders and our employers must seek strong employment verifications. This is imperative! Everyone must be held accountable and those who break the law should see that justice will prevail. We do not want amnesty for illegal aliens. We do not need more imported cheap labor on a 'permanent temporary' basis.

Thank you for your untiring efforts on the S.1348 Immigration Reform Bill. I sincerely appreciate all of the work that you have done for Americans.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Grat letter LynnS. I'm sure that Senator Vitter will appreciate your thanks and support.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    They are probably really getting beaten up by the opposition and leaders in their own party.
    What about Kyl and others who fought for amnesty, then voted "no" at the last moment ... or senators that we normally disagree with? It's hard to praise them, but I suppose we should.

Duh
    Duh

Good letter, LynnS. It said it all.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.