Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is a link to the bill that gained final approval:
    (HR-2)
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 1101vOSzW::

Apparently, it is the 4th of 4 versions of the bill and is the one the was amended and finally agreed upon) - I don't see any immigration-related provisions explicitly listed.

Jeff Sessions amendment - debarring contractors that employ illegals - is included in Subtitle C, Section 249 "Responsible Government Contractor Requirements" - if you care to check that out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think people may have found the text of the forthcoming immigration bill.
    "We have a sacred, noble obligation in this country to defend the rule
    of law. Without rule of law, without democracy, without rule of law being
    applied without fear or favor, there is no freedom."

Senator Chuck Schumer 6/11/2007
    <s

Sorry I forgot to post the link to my previous post on Feinstein amendment. And it has been taken down already. This was the link:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...ukDtp:e469890:

The Senate Min. Wage Bill carries an amendment to prevent illegal aliens from being employed on federal contract jobs. The House and Senate Bills will have to be reconciled as Crockett said. The Sensenbrenner House amendment was an attempt to let market forces bring wages up by limiting the illegals in the work force. This is really the way to go I'm thinking because the raise in minimum would only help the very bottom workers. Everyone above minimum would see continued pressure to push their wage down. A smart move by Republicans to put both wage theories to work at once and expose the Democrats.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I may not be in the loop like the rest of you folks and I really appreciate what everyone has done here. What really POs me about this whole thing is, what in the hell is the Senate working on a Sunday night for? This appears to me like they must work this SuperBowl hour in order to pass what they want to without the people knowing about it. There should be a watchdog in place for things like this. The only way this country will be overthrown or eliminated is through our government and no other. They must be watched.

I hope to God we can get through these next two years without any amnesty being put into law by Harry Reid and Nany Pelosi--both of them are so damn liberal it makes me sick.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Won't the Senate and House versions still have to be reconciled in committee prior to a final vote?
    Yes. The House still has to pass it but it will go to joint committe first.

Hosay,

That's the House Version that looks like has gone to the Sentate
    1/5/2007 Introduced in House
    1/10/2007 Passed/agreed to in House: On passage Passed by recorded vote: 315 - 116 (Roll no. 1.
    2/1/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate: Passed Senate with an amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 94 - 3. Record Vote Number: 42.

The House will have to approve the amended version, since this Bill originated in the House.

Dixie

At least our Oklahoma reps. seem to still be on our side. one nay and one not voting.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    At least our Oklahoma reps. seem to still be on our side. one nay and one not voting.
    He/she didNOT vote so it will stay off of his/her record
    That's how they play this game

He/she didNOT vote so it will stay off of his/her record
    That's how they play this game

Yeah, thats what I was figuring, pretty chicken crap to me.

Ill be calling my congressman to let him know not to vote for this new immigration bill, im sorry I mean minimum wage bill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast