Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate Votes to Forego Cost of Living Raise!!!

This article can be found at www.foxnews.com:

Senators OK Freezing Their Pay

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

WASHINGTON â€â€
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

How about freezing there Massive retirements, there life long Health Care. And be just like the rest of us. Without. Now that would be a worth while cost savings.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Good post Bootsie...this makes them look good they think. Doesn't fool us. How about those "expense accounts". They can pad far more than 1.9% into that and never skip a beat and we'd never know the difference.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Big deal. They should vote to pay us a huge lump sum of money for the lousy job these clowns have done because they have done virtually nothing for the American people. Maybe when they vote to impeach themselves, I'll be impressed.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with you, Scub, but what was so FUNNY about this was that I had just written that letter to Frist and told him that, if he wanted to find a way to lessen the deficit, they could give up those cost of living raises they voted for a few weeks ago! Then, I decided I would research and find out exactly how much they voted for themselves and, lo and behold, found that report that they had decided to forego them!!

You have an excellent point about the massive retirement benefits--something that just infuriates me because they qualify for those after serving only a couple of years. An aside--Howard Coble, my representative, has rejected his pension. He did this from the minute he was elected. And, I would bet he is the ONLY one.

Oh yeah--we aren't that easy to fool but they need to pay the price for what they've gotten us into and this is a start.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton