Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Diane Feinstein on Amnesty

Diane Feinstein and the Amnesty Question

Diane Feinstein, California's senior senator, responded to my "Open Letter" concerning immigration reform. Her letter is pasted below.

Feinstein assures me she is against blanket amnesty and actually has some other good words in her letter. At the end of the day, though, I am not sure how she will vote on that McCain-Kennedy travesty.

We will see!

March 20, 2006

Mr. John Lillpop
    San Jose, California 95111

Dear Mr. Lillpop:

Thank you for writing me about a possible blanket amnesty. I appreciate hearing from you.

I do not support blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants. As the daughter of a Russian immigrant, I understand the hope and the optimism with which countless others view our country.

I believe America is rooted in a tradition of newcomers working hard and building a better life for themselves and their families. We must balance this tradition, however, with our ability to integrate new immigrants into the American society that follow the proper channels to legal immigration.

Our ability to accept immigrants and our immigration policy must support and strengthen families, create economic opportunities, increase scientific and cultural resources, and fulfill humanitarian commitments.

Again, thank you for writing to me. If you have any further questions or comments on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to call my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator
    Welcome To America: Now, Speak English----And ONLY English!

Spoken like a true politician.
    I love what they consider "our immigration policy must support and strengthen families"
    In other words, if you have an anchor baby, you have it made in the shade.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

I got the same letter. I'll be curious to see how she navigates the politics of immigration reform in the coming weeks.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    I got the same letter. I'll be curious to see how she navigates the politics of immigration reform in the coming weeks.

I am going to through her a curve ball. My name is Juanita Sanchez-Garcia and I clean house for a living. Please Senator do not force me to go back to Mexico.

Or words to that effect. Pro-amnesty. See how she repsonds.

I got the same thing in an e-mail from her. Same ol' stuff about being the daughter of an immigrant........................

you guys didn't know? politicians never see these letters only an internet who ships out a form letter to everyone who ask about a certain issue. The intern then tallys how many letters have stated a certain opinion.

Right, dragon. That's how they do that.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I spoke with Feinstein office today...here's the poop, and I do mean poop!

She tries to have her aides dance around the issues by claiming she does NOT support blanket amnesty...sounds good.

However, I pushed the issue further, wanting to know where she stood on a guest worker program, and it leading to eventual Amnesty for some if not most of those already in nation. She SUPPORTS IT!
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I get the same in a letter and a email from her office, she is a idiot! Her staff are idiots also, they cant answer a damn thing.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I get the same in a letter and a email from her office, she is a idiot! Her staff are idiots also, they cant answer a damn thing.

T
    I fear you are right. Just read a quote from Difi on another web site. Today, she says she is "still not there" on signing on to guest worker. In the end, I suspect she will squat to the squatters.

I also emailed Barbara Boxer but have not heard a word from her. You?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast