Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Shelby ???

Someone that is watching the action help me out here. I just got an email saying Sen. Shelby voted against Sessions and the people of AL. I took this to mean he had supported Guest Worker.

I called their office and told them I had received this information.

Sen. Shelby's office told me that he was opposed to Amnesty. Yea, like I have not heard that before.

I said Guest Worker, Temporary Worker, and Earned Citizenship are AMNESTY.

They told me he was against all of those.

I asked them to tell Senator Shelby I was a regular voter and donor and that this whole bill needed to go in the trash.

Senator Shelby opposes all of these measures by his votes on the floor during this debate?

True / False ?

Let me know.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Senator Shelby ???

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Someone that is watching the action help me out here. I just got an email saying Sen. Shelby voted against Sessions and the people of AL. I took this to mean he had supported Guest Worker.

Sen. Shelby's office told me that he was opposed to Amnesty. Yea, like I have not heard that before.

I asked them to tell Senator Shelby I was a regular voter and donor and that this whole bill needed to go in the trash.

Senator Shelby opposes all of these measures by his votes on the floor during this debate?

True / False ?

Let me know.

W
    False.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=4913459

BTW, Ken Salazar is a duplicitous scumbag.

Although, I suppose that goes without saying.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

William

I heard about this also. Someone said there was some concern about some wording. I still have not heard what. I will try and find out. I was really ticked off when I heard how he voted.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Damn that is sneaky! I'm calling their office back right now.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This might shed some light...

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... AL&VIPID=4

Tried to end chain migration in 1996
    Sen. Shelby voted to end chain migration in 1996. He did that by voting for the Simpson Amendment to S.1664. For Americans who want to bring immigration back down toward traditional levels, that vote was the most important one cast since 1990. Total annual immigration had snowballed from less than 300,000 in 1965 to around a million primarily because of provisions allowing immigrants to send for their adult relatives. Then each of those relatives can send for their and their spouse's adult relatives, creating a never-ending and ever-growing chain. The bi-partisan Barbara Jordan Commission recommended doing away with the adult relative categories (begun only in the 1950s) in order to lessen wage depression among lower-paid American workers. Sen. Shelby agreed with the Jordan Commission. He voted in favor of the Simpson Amendment which attempted to carry out that recommendation. But the Senate voted 80-20 to kill the reform, thus endorsing the chain migration which the Census Bureau projects will double the U.S. population again in the next century. Sen. Shelby voted against that much-more congested future. See detailed description

Voted to reduce chain migration in 1996
    Sen. Shelby voted in 1996 for the Feinstein Amendment to S.1664. The Feinstein Amendment would have reduced annual admission of spouses and minor children of citizens to 480,000 and significantly reduced annual limits other categories of chain migration such as parents of citizens, and adult unmarried children of citizens. By voting for the Feinstein Amendment, Sen. Shelby voted in favor of reducing a chain migration system that has been the primary reason for annual immigration levels snowballing from less than 300,000 in 1965 to around a million today. In 1996 the bi-partisan Barbara Jordan Commission recommended doing away with the adult relative categories (begun only in the 1950s) in order to lessen wage depression among lower-paid American workers. The Feinstein Amendment attempted to carry out that recommendation. The Feinstein Amendment would have had an overall impact of reducing U.S. population growth by about 1.2 million over 10 years, but it was defeated by a vote of 26 to 74. Click here to seea detailed description.

Major Numbers in All Categories
    Co-sponsored deep immigration reductions 1995-96
    In the 104th Congress, Sen. Shelby was one of only a handful of Senators who co-sponsored S.160 (the Shelby Bill). The bill would have cut legal immigration in all categories from about one million a year to around 325,000 a year. Senate leaders did not bring S.160 up for a vote. See detailed description.

Co-sponsored deep immigration reductions in 1994
    Sen. Shelby co-sponsored S.2448 (the Shelby Bill) in the 103rd Congress. It would have cut legal immigration in all categories from around one million to about 325,000 a year for a period of five years. Senate leaders did not bring this bill up for a vote.See detailed description.

Co-sponsored first deep-immigration-reduction bill in Senate in 1994
    In the 103rd Congress, Sen. Shelby co-sponsored S.1923 (the Reid Bill). It was the first comprehensive immigration reduction bill to be introduced in the Senate since the 1920s. It would have cut legal immigration in all categories from around one million to about 425,000 a year. Senate leaders didn’t bring it up for a vote. See detailed description.

Voted against huge immigration
    increase in 1990
    Sen. Shelby was part of a significant minority in 1990 who stood firm against legislation that radically increased annual immigration numbers. Traditional American immigration had averaged around 250,000 a year until the 1980s when it dramatically rose to around 500,000. Then in 1990 Congress passed legislation that removed or increased limits in most immigration categories. Since then, immigration has risen to around 1,000,000 (one million) a year. Virtually none of that increase would have occurred if Sen. Shelby’s hand had been the only one on the congressional lever. He voted twice against the 1990 bill. See detailed description.

Importing Specific Foreign Workers

Voted against amendment to strip foreign-worker increase in 2005
    Sen. Shelby voted against the Byrd Amendment to S. 1932, the Budget Reconciliation bill. The amendment, introduced by Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV), would have stripped ALL immigration increases from the Budget Reconciliation bill and replaced the increase with a provision to impose a $1,500 fee on employers who hire certain non-immigrants. The immigration increase was added to the Budget Reconciliation bill by the Senate Judiciary Committee as a result of an 14-2 vote in favor of an amendment introduced by Senator Arlen Specter. The Specter plan would increase permanent, employment-based immigration by nearly tripling the number of foreign workers who can enter the U.S. each year. As well, it exempts workers’ families from the 140,000-visa cap on employment-based immigration. It also raises the cap on employment-based permanent immigration by adding each year the lesser of 90,000 visas or any “unused” employment-based visas from any prior year. Altogether, these provisions could generate a net increase in permanent immigration of 366,000 aliens, or about one-third of current, annual legal immigration. Senator Byrd’s amendment was cosponsored by Sens. Sessions (R-AL) and Durbin (D-IL). It was also supported by the AFL-CIO. The Byrd Amendment failed by a vote of 14 to 85.

Voted against amendment to increase foreign-worker importation in 2005 Sen. Shelby was one of only six Senators to vote against S. Amdt. 387, an amendment offered by Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), to H.R. 1268, the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005. The Mikulski amendment to the Immigration and Nationality Act increased the number of H-2Bs who can enter and take jobs in the United States in the next two years and apportioned the H-2B visa cap so that visas will be available throughout the year. Specifically, the Mikulski Amendment would split the H-2B visa cap so no more than 33,000 visas are made available for the first six months the fiscal year, and another 33,000 visas would be available in the second half of the year. HOWEVER, the Mikulski Amendment exempts from the annual cap aliens granted an H-2B visa within three years prior to approval of an H-2B petition, thus potentially TRIPLING the number of H-2B workers in the United States at any one time. Although apportioning H-2B visas is a common-sense approach that will help prevent the situation that occurred in FY 2004 and FY2005 when the 66,000 annual cap on H-2B (low-skill) nonimmigrant visas was hit within the first quarter of the year, the Mikulski Amendment would ultimately harm American workers by creating exemptions which potentially could triple the number of H-2B workers in the U.S. at any given time. Fortunately, however, the increase is limited to two years, and the additional visas can go only to foreign workers who worked in this country legally during the last three years. The Amendment passed by a vote of 94 to 6.

Voted for a foreign worker bill with no anti-fraud measures in 2000.
    Sen.Shelby voted for S.2045, the Abraham foreign worker bill to nearly triple the number of foreign high-tech workers. On the heels of the release of a GAO report finding no proof of a high-tech worker shortage and evidence of abuse in the H-1B program, Sen. Shelby voted for this foreign worker bill that contained no worker protections or anti-fraud measures. The bill passed the Senate 96-1.

Nearly doubled H-1B foreign high-tech workers in 1998
    Sen. Shelby helped the Senate pass S.1723 in a 78-20 vote
    . Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently in this country. Sen. Shelby voted for more foreign workers even though U.S. high tech workers over the age of 50 were suffering 17% unemployment and U.S. firms were laying off thousands of workers at the time.

Voted to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers in 1998

Before the Senate passed the H-1B doubling bill (S.1723), Sen. Shelby had an opportunity to vote for a measure requiring U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job. Sen. Shelby voted against that, joining those who said the requirement would give government too much authority over corporations’ right to hire whomever they please from whatever country.

Voted to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers in 1998
    Before the Senate passed the H-1B doubling bill(S.1723), Sen. Shelby had an opportunity to vote for a Kennedy amendment that would have prohibited U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Sen. Shelby opposed that protection. The Amendment failed 38-60.

Citizenship for Illegal Alien Babies

Sen. Shelby has taken no action to reduce
    the rewarding of illegal immigration by giving citizenship
    to anchor babies.

Inviting/Repelling Illegal Aliens
    Voted in favor of amendment to increase funding for local and state law enforcement in 2006
    Sen. Shelby voted in favor of the Bingamen Amendment to S. 2454. The Bingamen Amendment authorizes DHS to award grants to a state, local, or tribal law enforcement agency located in a county within 100 miles of a U.S. border with Canada or Mexico, or in a county beyond 100 miles that has been certified by DHS as a "high impact area," to provide assistance in addressing: (1) criminal activity that occurs by virtue of proximity to the border; and (2) the Federal government's failure to adequately secure its borders. Authorizes appropriations of $50 million annually, for fiscal years 2007 through 2011, to implement this grant program. Although this amendment does not require the establishment of the grant program and caps the amount available for implementation of the program it could, potentially, bring these agencies more into the enforcement fold. The Bingamen Amendment passed by a vote of 84 to 6.

Voted in favor of amendment to provide funding for additional Border Patrol agents in 2005
    Sen. Shelby voted in favor of the Ensign Amendment (SA 1219) to H.R. 2360, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill. The Ensign Amendment transfers appropriated funds from the Office of State and Local Government Coordination and Preparedness to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection for the purpose of hiring 1,000 additional Border Patrol agents. The amendment failed by a vote of 38 to 60.

Voted against amnesty for agricultural workers in 2005
    Sen. Shelby voted against a procedural move requiring 60 votes to limit debate and ensure a vote on the AgJOBS amnesty amendment introduced by Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID). The Senate voted 53 to 45 not to invoke cloture, effectively keeping the amnesty off the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief. AgJOBS is an amnesty for agricultural workers. Of the 1.2 million illegal aliens currently working in agriculture, an estimated 860,000 plus their spouses and children could qualify for this amnesty, so the total could reach three million or more. The potential recipients of the amnesty would be required to prove 100 days of agricultural employment in the 18-month period that ended Aug. 31, 2004. Then, prior to receiving amnesty, workers would have to show 360 days of additional farm work over the next six years.

Voted against amendment to provide funding for additional Border Patrol and ICE agents in 2005
    Sen. Shelby voted against the Byrd Amendment (S. Amdt. 516) to H.R. 1268, the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief of 2005. The Byrd Amendment provides $390 million to hire 650 more border patrol agents, 250 new immigration investigators, and 168 new immigration enforcement agents and deportation officers. The Byrd amendment also provides funds for 2,000 additional detention beds as well as funding to train the new personnel. Passage of the Byrd Amendment sent a strong signal from the Senate in favor of increased Border Patrol and Interior Enforcement. The Byrd Amendment passed by a vote of 65 to 34.

Voted for comprehensive alien tracking and
    identification system in 2002

Sen. Shelby voted in favor of H.R. 3525, the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act of 2001. H.R. 3525 will significantly reduce future population growth from illegal immigration by making it much harder for temporary visa holders to stay in the country illegally after their visa expire. H.R. 3525 provides for an entry-exit system in which every visa holder is checked with a biometric identifier when heshe enters and leaves the country. This information is included in an integrated database that is shared by the appropriate law-enforcement officials. H.R. 3525 passed the Senate unanimously by a vote of 97-0 and is expected to be signed into law by President Bush.

Voted against an amnesty for illegal aliens in 2000

Sen. Shelby voted against a procedural vote to include an amnesty for illegal aliens from El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Haiti in the Senate H-1B bill (S.2045). This was not necessarily a vote against the amnesty but rather a vote against including it with the H-1B bill. The move to include the amnesty with the H-1B legislation failed43-55 in a procedural vote on the Senate floor.

Voted to grant amnesty to close to one million
    illegal aliens from Nicaragua and Cuba in 1997

Sen. Shelby voted to grant legal status to Nicaraguans and Cubans who had lived in the United States illegally since 1995, along with their spouses and minor unmarried children. The overall ten year impact of this legislation will be the addition of some 967,000 people to U.S. population. There was no separate vote on the amnesty, as it was inlcuded in the DC Appropriations bill. The only opportunity Senators had to vote in favor of or against the amnesty was the Mack Amendment to S.1156. The Mack Amendment passed 99-1.

Voted in 1996 for major law that cracked down on illegal aliens.
    Sen. Shelby was part of a 97-3 majority which passed S.1664. It was a large omnibus bill with dozens of provisions aimed at reducing illegal immigration. It authorized major increases in the border patrol forces. But it also had many provisions aimed at making life more miserable for illegal aliens who manage to get into the country, half of whom arrive with legal visas but then illegally overstay. Until passage of the bill, a person could be apprehended as an illegal alien, be deported and then turn around and come back to the U.S. on a legal student, tourist, worker or relative visa. After the bill, an illegal alien was barred from any kind of legal entry for 10 years.

Protected voluntary pilot programs
    for workplace verification in 1996

Sen. Shelby voted AGAINST the Abraham Amendment to S.1664. his vote was one in favor of setting up voluntary pilot programs in high-immigration states that would assist employers in verifying whether people they had just hired had the legal right to work in this country. Such verification is considered by many experts to be an essential tool for withdrawing the job magnet from illegal aliens. The verification system established by S.1664 did not involve an ID card. Rather it provided that when new workers wrote down their Social Security number on an application, employers could phone into a national verification system to help assure that the number was a real number and belonged to the person giving it. In earlier smaller pilot programs, businesses had hailed the verification system for making it easier for them to avoid hiring illegal aliens. But a coalition of conservative pro-business Members and of liberal civil libertarians tried to kill the verification program as too intrusive into the private rights of businesses and workers. Opposing that coalition, Sen. Shelby was part of a 54-46 majority that preserved the voluntary pilot programs.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Re: William

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    I heard about this also. Someone said there was some concern about some wording. I still have not heard what. I will try and find out. I was really ticked off when I heard how he voted.
    Shelby is a turd.

Sorry for the language, but that's what it amounts to.

A Democrat who switched registrations when it was politically expedient.

Compare him to former Senator Jeremiah Denton, a life-long Republican, relentless conservative, devout Christian, who was one of the most highly decorated veterans and POWs during the Vietnam War.

There is no comparison.

Re: Senator Shelby ???

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

True / False ?

Let me know.

W
    will see all of them on the Vote Day Action Center page.

You really need to copy ther URL for numbers. I've been getting updates porobably every hour!

And you will see the results of all votes on each of the amendments (with links to the roll call tally).

www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/2454.html

THIS WEEK'S WORST OF THE WORST ENEMIES OF THE AMERICAN WORKER

Bond (R-MO)
    Brownback (R-KS)
    Chafee (R-RI)
    DeWine (R-OH)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Hagel (R-NE)
    Kennedy (D-MA)
    Lieberman (D-CT)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    Martinez (R-FL)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Salazar (D-CO)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Smith (R-OR)
    Specter (R-PA)
    Stevens (R-AK)

The Senate is full of people who believe that American workers should have to compete with millions of imported foreign workers.

But on the Sen. Bingaman amendment to put some limits on the damage to the American worker, the 18 Senators above showed that they apparently have no limits.

Those 18 Senators voted to keep in the bill a provision that the Heritage Foundation announced on Monday would allow corporations to import more than 130 million foreign workers over the next 20 years!!!

Senators McCain and Kennedy are responsible for the original language that would have led to such an absurd conclusion. NumbersUSA has been railing against that provision for a year. But when the Heritage Foundation widely publicized the numerical impact on Monday, most Senators began to be concerned that the bill might be far more radical than they had realized.

Sen. Bingaman (D-NM) offered an amendment yesterday that would cap the guestworker program at 200,000 a year, allowing 2 million over 20 years instead of more than 130 million. We definitely don't want 2 million guestworkers, all of whom would be allowed under S. 2611 to become U.S. citizens. But the amendment showed some sanity.

I hope you will call the offices of those 18 Senators and let their staff know what you think about their insistence on giving corporations another 130 million foreign workers -- on top of the nearly 50 million foreign workers and dependents who already are here.

Just so you get your facts straight: The 18 Senators above voted to table (kill) the Bingaman amendment, which would have left the 130 million extra foreign workers in the bill.

These 18 Senators apparently would do anything the U.S. Chamber of Commerce asked them to do, regardless of what their constituents thing. Or would they? Your incredible outpouring of phone calls today and Thursday and Friday might just change the minds of some of them.

(When the 18 failed to table the amendment, it then passed on voice vote.)

HIDING?

Cochran (R-MS)
    Lott (R-MS)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)

If you live in Mississippi or West Virginia, find out why these three are not voting on any of the amendments.

Rockefeller has a history of avoiding tough immigration votes because he is torn between following Democratic open-border leadership and the overwhelming wishes for immigration restrictions of the West Virginia voters (as represented so well by the state's other Democratic Senator, Robert Byrd).

If we are to have any chance of blocking this terrible amnesty on the final vote, we are probably going to have to have Cochran, Lott and Rockefeller.

They need to hear from all of you who live in their states -- now.

THIS WEEK'S GREATEST FRIENDS OF AMERICAN WORKERS (OPPOSED MASS IMPORTING OF FOREIGN WORKER COMPETITION)

Baucus (D-MT)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Clinton (D-NY)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Conrad (D-ND)
    Dayton (D-MN)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Dole (R-NC)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Inouye (D-HI)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Nelson (D-NE)
    Obama (D-IL)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Sarbanes (D-MD)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Talent (R-MO)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Wyden (D-OR)

You are going to see some names on that list that you usually don't see when we are praising Senators.

But praise where praise is due.

Chief hero in this fight was Sen. Dorgan (D-North Dakota) who is one of the five best immigration-sanity champions overall in the Senate.

Dorgan introduced an amendment to kill the guest worker provisions of S. 2611 entirely.

The 28 Senators in the list supported that effort by voting against a motion to table the amendment.

It was gratifying to see so many Democrats, for a change, living up to their reputation of supposedly being the champion of the working classes. Many of the Democrats on this list have been big supporters of amnesties for illegal aliens. It is assumed that even though this bill still has the guestworker program that they opposed that they will vote for the bill in the final ballot because they want an amnesty so badly.

When you call to praise them for trying to kill the guestworker program, urge them to be consistent and vote to kill the amnesty which will keep million of illegal aliens in unfair job competition with present American workers and will entice millions more illegal aliens to compete in the future.

Probably the biggest applause has to go to the few Republicans who totally defied the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (which usually has such a stranglehold on the Republican Party) and voted to kill the new mass guestworker program that will allow all to become permanent residents. Give a special thanks to Republican Senators Coburn, Dole, Inhofe, Roberts, Sessions, Talent and Vitter.

REWARDING ILLEGAL ALIENS MORE IMPORTANT TO THESE SENATORS THAN PROVIDING SECURITY

Akaka (D-HI)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Bennett (R-UT)
    Biden (D-DE)
    Bingaman (D-NM)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Brownback (R-KS)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Chafee (R-RI)
    Clinton (D-NY)
    Coleman (R-MN)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Craig (R-ID)
    Dayton (D-MN)
    DeWine (R-OH)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feingold (D-WI)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Hagel (R-NE)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Inouye (D-HI)
    Jeffords (I-VT)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kennedy (D-MA)
    Kerry (D-MA)
    Kohl (D-WI)
    Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Lieberman (D-CT)
    Lincoln (D-AR)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    Martinez (R-FL)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Obama (D-IL)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Salazar (D-CO)
    Sarbanes (D-MD)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Specter (R-PA)
    Stevens (R-AK)
    Voinovich (R-OH)
    Warner (R-VA)

These 55 Senators voted against the amendment by Sen. Isakson (R-GA) that would have at least held off granting amnesty rewards to illegal aliens until after it could be certified that our borders are secure.

Since most of the supporters of amnesty claim they are equally in support of secure borders and enforcement against future illegal immigration, one would think they would be fine with guaranteeing that the security and enforcement provisions don't get left unimplemented as happened in the 1986 amnesty.

But the 55 Senators above said, "No way. Amnesty first and then you guys can just wait and see if any enforcement ever happens in the future." OK, nobody actually said that, but that's what I infer.

The vote on the Isakson amendment will probably be the clearest vote on S. 2611 to show you which Senators are the most supportive of amnesties and of helping illegal aliens.

If your Senators are on the list above, ask them why they were against the amendment. To support this amendment was not to even oppose amnesty but to say it has to come after enforcement. The 55 above wouldn't even go along with that. They are Amnesty Above All.

If we are to block S. 2611 in the final vote, we probably are going to have to win over at least five of the people on that list.

Maybe if you hammer them hard enough, you can deliver five!

Why is rewarding illegal aliens so much more important than the security of our country with these Senators?

NOT VOTING
    Cochran (R-MS)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Lott (R-MS)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)

ON THIS VOTE, THEY PUT SECURITY AHEAD OF AMNESTY

Alexander (R-TN)
    Allard (R-CO)
    Allen (R-VA)
    Bond (R-MO)
    Bunning (R-KY)
    Burns (R-MT)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Chambliss (R-GA)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Conrad (D-ND)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    DeMint (R-SC)
    Dole (R-NC)
    Domenici (R-NM)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Ensign (R-NV)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Frist (R-TN)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Hatch (R-UT)
    Hutchison (R-TX)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Kyl (R-AZ)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    Nelson (D-NE)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Santorum (R-PA)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Smith (R-OR)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Sununu (R-NH)
    Talent (R-MO)
    Thomas (R-WY)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Wyden (D-OR)

If these 40 Senators, plus 1 more would vote against the final bill, we would block its passage.

But you can't read too much into the fact that these Senators voted to require border security before they hand out the amnesty.

Nonetheless, this vote for the Isakson amendment is a sign that these are our most likely allies.

Because giving an amnesty and rewarding illegal aliens is such a high priority of the national Democratic Party, I want to especially salute the Democrats who opposed their Party and stood for security ahead of amnesty. Give especially high praise to Democratic Senators Byrd, Conrad, Dorgan, Landrieu, Nelson (NE), Stabenow and Wyden. If you live in their states, it is essential that you keep them on the NO side on the overall bill.

MAKE THOSE PHONE CALLS,

-- ROY

P.S. You all have sent more than 45,000 faxes to Congress and the White House already today!!!!!

Some of you may have noticed a little difficulty in getting on the website or getting to the new faxes. I apologize. The problem is partly because of the volume of activity, but mostly because we are still working out the kinks of the giant new system of computers that we bought with the money given during the Technical Great Leap Forward fundraising campaign during the winter.

At several points this morning, our computers were handling more than twice as much traffic as our highest peak before the new system was installed at the Bunker!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... AL&VIPID=4

Comprehensive immigration voting grade card of Senator Richard Shelby of AL

Sen. Shelby has earned an overall career immigration voting grade of A-
    Sen. Shelby has earned a recent immigration voting grade of C-
    Grades Re-Posted: May 17, 2006
    Is this Mexico or the USA

Shelby is not reliable, and on this issue he's just as bad as 90% of his Democratic colleagues who support amnesty.

What's more, the guy is a venal political schemer, who can be blackmailed and compromised on any pivotal issue.

Do I need to remind you of the infamous Flynt Report, and Shelby's despicable punt on the articles of impeachment voted on by the United States Senate several years ago?