Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Webb supports amnesty

For anyone paying attention, James Webb made clear during his campaign that he supported giving legal status to millions of illegal aliens.
    On May 24, 2007, he voted against Senator Vitter's amendment to strike the amnesty provision of the Senate immigration bill. Here is a link to the vote: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... vote=00180 .

Senator Allen was the only senator that was a potential presidential candidate that voted against last year's Senate amnesty bill, S.2611. He would have been against this year's Senate amnesty bill had he been reelected.

Senator Webb will vote for this year's Senate amnesty bill.

Yeah, Webb was one of those rats that replaced a good senator. It makes it that much harder to stop this bill. Webb is a traitor.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

I call Webb's office each day (actually yesterday I called twice so that I could BOO and HISS, too). His staffers say that he is against amnesty but he is not and this is clear when you probe further.

Web speaks out of both sides of his mouth and needs to be challenged on his double-speak. Read the transcript of his public statement on the Senate floor on May 22 here: http://www.vote-smart.org/speech_det...rase=&contain=

Here's an excerpt:

There seems to be a trend running through the Congress that disturbs me. It is a trend of omission. I do not see enough people who are willing to stand up and speak on behalf of the people who are doing the hard jobs in this society. We can talk about all the benefits of different portions of this bill, but at the same time we are faced with a set of realities, not only with respect to the American workers but, in a broader sense, with respect to people in this country who are having to do the hard work of our society. Who is speaking for them? This used to be the function of the Democratic Party, to speak for them.

SAY WHAAA??

Webb stated: "I do not see enough people who are willing to stand up and speak on behalf of the people who are doing the hard jobs in this society."

(HELLO??? Anybody home? )

Today's email to Webb will be a personal invitation to come visit us here at www.alipac.us where he can witness people who are, as he said, "willing to stand up and speak on behalf of the people who are doing the hard jobs in this society".
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Lynn, I too live in Virginia (Alexandria.) Any chance you and I and maybe a few others could visit his office in the very near future to make our voices heard? I would take off a day from work if necessary to do it.

Ostrich

Good job Virginia of voting out a Republican that was anti amenesty and voting in a Democrat that is pro amenesty Guess you showed the RNC

Amnesty supporter Webb

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Good job Virginia of voting out a Republican that was anti amenesty and voting in a Democrat that is pro amenesty Guess you showed the RNC
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Why would Republicans in Virginia that care about stopping illegal immigration replace an incumbent Republican senator that opposes amnesty with a Democrat that supports it.

Who is speaking for them?
    Unless they're U.S. citizens, no one in Congress should be speaking for
    them.

You're supposed to be representing the American people, not illegal aliens. If the illegal aliens want a voice, they should go back to their home countries and use it.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Webb

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    Who is speaking for them?
    Unless they're U.S. citizens, no one in Congress should be speaking for
    them.

You're supposed to be representing the American people, not illegal aliens. If the illegal aliens want a voice, they should go back to their home countries and use it.
    I agree.

Webb did a lot of double talk on the issue of illegal aliens during his campaign. His true colors are now coming through during this immigration debate.