Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S2611 is still alive and being ratified with House not true.

American Made stated that they received a letter from Senator Smith of Oregon stating S2611 is alive and being ratified with the House.
    According to my Congressman Lincoln Davis of Tennessee the House and Senate are still far apart on any kind of agreement.
    "August 31, 2006

Dear Edward:

Thank you for your recent letter concerning S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 as introduced by Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
    In your letter you mention existing rumors that S. 2611 "is alive and being ratified with the House." While the Senate did pass S. 2611 by a vote of 62-36, the House passed a very different version, known as H.R. 4437. It is my understanding that these two bills have very little chance of coming to a meaningful conference because the House position is unwilling to budge, a position I strongly support as an original cosponsor of H.R. 4437. Like you, I support the unwavering position of border security and enforcement and I will not support any bill that contradicts that notion. Americans are outraged by our nation's immigration policies and lack of enforcement and I share those views. It is my hope that the Republican Majority will not allow any bills that ease immigration policy to move through the Congress. For my part, I will continue to be vocal in my staunch opposition.
    Again, thank you for your letter. My door is always open.
    Sincerely,

Lincoln Davis
    Member of Congress

JAK
    No compromise!

No amnesty! No guest worker plan! No anchor babies!
    CLOSED BORDERS!

No benefits or employment to keep illegal aliens here.
    Let them sell their homes, (which they should not have been able to buy if they are illegal) or confiscate them. Let them go home...and demand their rights in their own country!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12