Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Senior Master Sgt. Relieved Of Position Because Of Christian Faith

Senior Master Sgt. Relieved Of Position Because Of Christian Faith

Posted on October 23, 2013 by Dave Jolly

How would you feel if your boss asked you for your personal beliefs concerning homosexuality and then demanded that you answer the question honestly? When you comply and tell the boss that homosexuality is a sin, the boss immediately relieves you of your position of authority because of your response.
    That’s exactly what happened to Air Force Senior Master Sgt. Phillip Monk.
    In 2010, Lackland Air Force, most known as the Air Force’s basic training, was merged with Randolph Air Force Base and the Army’s Fort Sam Houston. It is home not only to the Basic Military Training unit, but it is also encompasses a number of other units and training facilities.
    Sgt. Monk is stationed at Lackland Air Force and has a spotless record for his 19 years of service to his country that is until his commander asked him a personal question. The commander was talking with Monk about her upcoming promotion ceremony and mentioned that she thought the chaplain who was scheduled to deliver the benediction was a bigot. She told Monk that it was because the chaplain preached that homosexuality was a sin.
    According to Monk, he objected to the commander’s statement about the chaplain. She then asked him for his personal views on homosexuality and commanded him to answer honestly. When he stated that in accordance with his Christian belief that homosexuality was a sin, his commander immediately relieved him of his position.
    Sgt. Monk has retained the services of attorney Mike Berry of the Liberty Institute. Berry stated that the Air Force is denying Monk’s account of what was said and says that this should be a warning to everyone in the military. Even though Sgt Monk has a 19 year spotless career and is within one year of retirement, he could find himself being forcibly discharged from the Air Force with no retirement benefits at all because of his Christian faith.
    Berry commented:

“You cannot criminalize somebody’s thoughts. You criminalize actions, not thoughts. Within the military never before have we reached that status.”
    “We’re now at this juncture … if you don’t believe, or think in a particular manner, that’s going to be held against you.”
    “He had to agree with her beliefs, and if he wasn’t able to do that, he was deemed unfit to hold that position. This is a dangerous and slippery slope … that somehow the government is going to be delving into your thoughts.”
    It seems that Senior Master Sgt. Monk is not the only one being singled out by the military because of their Christian faith and belief that homosexuality is a sin. Steve Branson is the pastor at Village Parkway Baptist Church in San Antonio. His church is about 20 minutes away from Lackland Air Force Base and a number of military personnel attend services at his church. In a Fox News Radio interview with Todd Starnes, Branson stated:
    “Anyone who doesn’t hold to the right view on homosexuality is having a very difficult time.”
    “I’m raising the warning. It’s not a good situation out here. The military’s job is not to fight these kinds of battles. Christians are having to walk so carefully. I hear it every Sunday at church.”
    As long as Obama and his liberally tailored military command remain in control, Christians will find it more and more difficult to live their faith while serving our nation. I believe this is being done deliberately to tailor the entire military to one that will follow Obama into his war against patriotic Americans. Christian soldiers are less likely to obey orders to fire upon fellow citizens who stand up for their constitutional rights. But pro-homosexual personnel already have a warped sense of right and wrong and moral values and will be more likely to follow their gay activist hero into whatever battle he leads them in, including the one against you and me.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/12980/s...y4RuEeqrUm0.99

Banned
    Are Christians To Blame For Today’s America?

Posted on October 23, 2013 by Dave Jolly

When I look at America today and see the mess it’s in, I can’t help but blame Christians and not the liberals. Yes, you may be shocked and outraged by my statement, but allow me to explain.

Ever since the 1960s when the Supreme Court started ruling against God, the Bible, prayer, Jesus and anything Christian, too many Christians removed themselves from doing anything to stop or reverse what was happening. Politics is known as a dirty profession and many Christians believed that no Christian should get involved in politics because of it. Others mistook the biblical teaching of not being part of this world. They have the attitude that God is in control and He’ll work everything out.

That folks, is a Christian cop out that really says that Christians are too lazy or too afraid to stand up in the world and make a difference. Let me ask you this, if Moses had the attitude that God was in charge and He would work everything out, he wouldn’t have faced the possibility of death by confronting Pharaoh and Jews would still be slaves in Egypt. If Joshua had that same attitude, he never would have led the armies that conquered the Promise Land for God’s people.

You could go through the entire Bible and find instance after instance where someone could have not taken the action that God wanted them to take, by saying, He’s in control and everything will work out.

Better yet, what about our Founding Fathers? What if they had taken the attitude that God will deal with the British because He’s in control and will work everything out? Had they had the attitude of many of today’s Christians, we would still be singing God Save the Queen, our flag would have a union jack in place of the stars, we would be driving on the wrong side of the road and our money would make no sense whatsoever.

In the 2012 election, I can’t tell you how many Christians told me that they weren’t voting because they could not endorse Romney because he’s a Mormon or Obama because he’s, well, I can’t say he’s a Muslim, but he seems to act more like one than he does a Christian. Other Christians say that we are not be part of the world and that since God is in control, it doesn’t matter how they vote. If several million other Christians refused to vote for the same reasons, then they very well could be responsible for allowing Obama to be re-elected and continue his attack on Christianity.

It galled me to hear them say they weren’t going to vote, knowing that millions of Christians have died and been wounded winning and protecting the right to vote. They fail to understand that they not only have the right to vote, but they have an obligation to vote. By not exercising that obligation they could be ignoring God giving them the opportunity to do something to make a difference in our nation.

Christians also fail to understand that if they withdraw from trying to make a difference, that it leaves the leadership of our nation to the anti-Christian liberals who are now about to destroy America. Christians’ inactions allowed others to take action and change the face of our nation. Christian silence has allowed the anti-Christian liberals to speak and they have taken full advantage of the silence. As long as Christians remain silent, we will continue to see our nation go down the proverbial toilet.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/12978/c...bhJdkhQUWRM.99

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/12978/c...bhJdkhQUWRM.99