Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: share cropping

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

crazybird

there are a lot of us that wish we could remember everything! but at least we are all here and can share survival techniques

My daddy always smoked his own pork when I was a kid, and then years later he built a smokehouse at the new place, BUT, that was the pet project of him and my brother-in-law -- who's now an ex-brother-in-law.

I don't remember very much about it except he packed the meat in salt brine for so many days and then hung it -- the smell of a smokehouse is soooo good. I asked my cousin about it but he didn't know.

I said I was going to build one in my backyard -- I'd probably have every dog in the neighborhood in my backyard.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

There are books at the library that explain in detail how to smoke meat.

MJ

You guys are making my day.

When our kids were home, we raised almost everything we ate - no allergies - seldom sick - just great.

Well, we have granddarlings now and we are going at it again this year.

I taught all my kids to plant, pick and my son learned to can - daughter was less than interested. She does brag to everyone in NYC that she milked the cow when she was younger.

Not only do I want my kids to have better food, I want them to know how to do the work should it ever be necessary.

Today, I am going to pick wild dewberries from God's berry patch!!
    Oh, those cobblers will be good this winter.

We also have 3 calves in the pen now - about ready to wean from the bottle.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MustangJo
    There are books at the library that explain in detail how to smoke meat.

MJ
    thanks, I haven't been to the library, I've just done searches on google.

nntrixie

your grandchildren should love gardening -- don't forget the potatoes, they love digging them out of the ground too! kinda like going hunting for easter eggs.

my youngest niece, she was about 3, loved to pick blackberries so grandma could make her blackberry dumplins and she loved looking for duck eggs
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12