Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Joe, MCSO ordered to return federal government equipment

MCSO ordered to return federal government equipment

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 5:38 PM PDTUpdated: Sep 16, 2014 5:38 PM PDTBy Andrew Hasbun, FOX 10 News - bio

• ARIZONA HEADLINES

MARICOPA COUNTY, Ariz. -Surplus military equipment given to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is now being returned to the federal government.

The equipment was part of a program to help local law enforcement agencies beef up their response to terror threats. Now MCSO is being removed from the program.

Arpaio's office now has to return weapons, his tank, and even a helicopter to the federal government.

Two armored cars, night vision goggles, rifles, handguns, are all headed back to the feds, and MCSO's Sheriff Arpaio said he won't miss them.

"I was in the army in the Korean War, it looks like they are Korean War weapons that we have," said Joe Arpaio.

They may not be that old but MCSO has had them for more than 20 years, and the Sheriff's Office has already replaced them with more modern weapons which he put on display this afternoon.

"I am not worried at all," he said.

As part of a national program, MCSO received the former military equipment in 1993 but after some of the items turned up missing MCSO along with 200 other agencies were put on suspension. Now the government wants everything back including a helicopter.

"I'll compare weapons that we paid for any time with the guns that they were making a big issue of that are missing, eight hand guns, well look at the handguns down there, they probably don't work anyway," he said.

After the events in Ferguson Missouri, the militarization of local law enforcement agencies has come under increased scrutiny.

"Being in law enforcement for 55 years, sometimes I get conspiracy theories. The timing is very suspect, you know that is the government for you, I guess I am not their favorite guy," said Arpaio.

MCSO has been given three months to return the equipment.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26...ment-equipment

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The government is the enemy. It is on the side of foreigners against the American people. It is sick and perverse, and it is the face of a gutless, psychotic, suicidal society, and the co-called “conservatives” are apart of it. I am tired. I am tired of cajoling those who should flock to our cause but instead sit on their apathetic ass and do nothing but complain and pretend that by complaining they have made some kind of resistance against the uncontrolled illegal alien invasion.

This nation is dieing more because of lazy, gutless apathy of “conservatives” than the hostile activities of the Marxist left. For more than a generation I have seen the fanatic left get virtually everything it has wanted because "conservatives” will not aggressively fight back. There are tens of millions of us. We have the ability to shut down the whole country. But we do not. We wave our little flags, smile and wave our little posters, and go home after cleaning up our trash. AND THAT IS WHY WE LOOSE.

The only thing I want to hear from “conservatives” is when and where we take to the streets. I do not want to hear another word about how the Marxist are destroying our country. WE LET THEM DO IT!

Talk is cheap. Only action changes things.

Join Americans for Legal Immigration. If we could only create an organization as large as the NRA (5 million members) we could, like they do, stop any Marxist drive against our issues of securing the border and no amnesty.

If we loose, it will be because of those who do not help us even though they know better.

At the bare minimum send some $$ to Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC.US) because nothing happens without $$.
    Last edited by csarbww; 09-17-2014 at 07:46 PM.