Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SHOCK POLL: Trump Blue Collar Support highest since FDR in 1930s

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SHOCK POLL: Trump Blue Collar Support highest since FDR in 1930s

SHOCK POLL: Trump Blue Collar Support highest since FDR in 1930s
    By Dmitri Voltova -
    October 17, 2015

t may come as a surprise to many that Donald J Trump’s support from Blue Collar Americans (those involved in trades, manufacturing, industry, and labor) is the highest since any candidate since FDR in 1936 since Gallup began polling.

Trump has consistently shown his appeal to the blue collar sector of the economy, pulling ahead of even Clinton and Sanders in “rust belt” states like Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Pennslyvania.

These states have the highest share of “Blue Collar” voters in the nation, and many of them have not voted Republican in over 20 years.

Trump’s appeal to blue collar workers is in the 60% range, higher than any candidate since Franklin Roosevelt won a massive landslide in 1936 on the support of the Blue Collar voter.

WHY?
    Prntly Offers:

Many factors are included, and analysts believe that Trump’s appeal to the working man comes from his promise to bring factory jobs back to the US, and his record as a successful businessman has been showcased on television on “The Apprentice.”

Trump doesn’t do well with just the average “White Joe Sixpack,” he also gains a large share of black voters and even hispanics (25%, 37%)

This appeal is allowing him to win in Michigan, Ohio, and Pennslyvania, and also is getting him votes in Manufacturing states like Connecticut and Massachusetts. Though the two New England states may be long shots, recent polling suggests that he could make Democrats struggle in these “blue states” and waste resources there as Trump campaigns in more critical states like Wisconsin and Ohio.

http://prntly.com/blog/2015/10/17/sh...-fdr-in-1930s/

51 Comments

Jenna Michelle · Groveport Madison High School
    This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Manufacturing has been hit very hard. I'm in Ohio and we need these jobs back. Too many Ohioans are struggling.

Like · Reply · 88 · Oct 16, 2015 9:47pm
    Val Petera
    I live in Ohio and work in manufacturing.Thanks to NAFTA we have been losing our highest paying manufacturing jobs.Ohio has become a service industry state.Absolutely
    sickening. The working class people will truly benefit from a Trump victory.

Mariah Garcia Smith · Dallas, Texas
    #DonaldTrumphasmyvote
    Like · Reply · 22 · 14 hrs

Susan Smith
    We all must united VOTE for TRUMP, TRUMP will WIN. This is our last chance. God bless America!! .......... One nation under god!!! NO ALLAH!!
    Like · Reply · 26 · 9 hrs

Cheryl Holley · Merrillville High School
    The only ones shocked are the pundits who don't want to see Mr. Trump win the Presidency.
    Like · Reply · 77 · Oct 16, 2015 10:04pm

Elizabeth Fisher · Gretna, Louisiana
    Bingo!!!
    Like · Reply · 24 · 14 hrs

David Massaro · Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I'm right next to you Jenna in Pennsylvania. The job market sucks bigtime. And there just no work out there. jobs are far and few between. I am a 100% Trump Voter
    Like · Reply · 62 · Oct 16, 2015 10:21pm · Edited

Jean Sha
    me too i even reregistered to vote in the gop primary for #Trump2016 #takeamericaback #makeamericagreatagain
    Like · Reply · 45 · Oct 16, 2015 10:39pm

Danny Safrit · Owner at Retired
    If we get Donald Trump elected so that he at least has a chance to bring jobs back, he must still deal with the majority of the bought and paid for Congress. We will as a country never be able to get back what we once had, a chance to live, work and be happy if we don't always stand up ith #Trump2016 and stand up to Congress and make them do what is right or replace them. We must stand together as one. We must have each others backs at all times, no exceptions. Enough of this New World Order multi-national, multi-cultural hog wash because it does not work unless the cultures are very, very similar and that is not what we face today.
    Like · Reply · 47 · 2 hrs · Edited

Jan Jackson
    Jean Sha THANK YOU!
    Like · Reply · 12 · 15 hrs

Linda VanBlaricum Cinader · Oakland Community College
    Jenna Michelle get all your friends & family to vote for Trump too. I heard no President has ever won the Presidency without winning Ohio. Welcome aboard.
    Like · Reply · 54 · Oct 16, 2015 10:31pm

Sharon Lawson · Works at Retired
    In many States you must be a registered Republican to vote in the GOP Primary. Check your State Primary rules. Trump has to have a Landslide vote in the Primary or the RNC rules say they can nominate whoever they want. This is so very important.
    Like · Reply · 45 · Oct 16, 2015 10:39pm

Philip Isbell · Works at Retired
    There are some states that anyone can vote in the Republican primary. Thats how the RINO in Louisiana kept his seat. Democrats broke the law doing in. They were suppose to vote for him in the general election since they voted for him in the primary but most voted for the Democrat instead. No one did a thing about it either.
    Like · Reply · 18 · Oct 16, 2015 10:48pm

Deb Crowl · Works at Volvo/Mack Trucks
    MARYLAND IS ONE OF THOSE STATES...PLEASE CHECK...YOU SNOOZE WE LOOZE
    Like · Reply · 14 · 15 hrs
    MARYLAND IS ONE OF THOSE STATES THAT YOU HAVE TO REGISTER BY PARTY TO VOTE PRIMARIES.
    Like · Reply · 6 · 14 hrs

Philip Isbell · Works at Retired
    I guess union workers are getting tired of being lied to by Democrats while they keep losing more and more jobs to over-regulation.
    Like · Reply · 43 · Oct 16, 2015 10:44pm

Dems are the reason we have lost our manufacturing jobs...kill NAFTA, bring back our manufacturing, make America great again!
    Like · Reply · 22 · 15 hrs

Barbara Sonderman Walters
    And the overregulation has come from.....? The GOP has done everything in their power to stop the union movement nationally.
    Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Kevin Cambridge
    I'm blue collar .. And trump has my vote
    Like · Reply · 39 · 18 hrs

Nina Harris · Licensed Real Estate Salesperson at Coach Realtors
    Go Trump! Let's not forget NAFTA....the beginning of the end of manufacturing in this country signed by your's truly Bill Clinton.
    Like · Reply · 33 · 19 hrs

yes Bill did this and we don't need his old Lady in there to keep ruining America.
    Like · Reply · 15 · 7 hrs

Jake Haap · Naples, Florida
    LETS WIN THIS #TRUMP 2016
    Like · Reply · 32 · 20 hrs

Virginia Bader
    Trumps the man, and he will do just what he says he's going to do
    Like · Reply · 41 · Oct 17, 2015 12:02am
    Joseph Stork Smith · Writer at Self-Employed
    You are 100% spot on!
    Like · Reply · 19 · 14 hrs

Stacy Dawn Drywater · Knoxville, Tennessee
    Trump is the only candidate completely qualified to bring back our economy and jobs.No one else on either the left or the right even comes close! Trump is a Genius when it comes to this stuff! You know since he first started running, I have learned more about trade and the economy and no other candidate is even trying to explain it like Trump has. He tells the truth and that's all I need to make an informed decision. Go Trump Go!!!#Trump2016
    Like · Reply · 14 · 17 hrs

Karen Schreiber-Bell
    If you watch the news, the jobless rate is almost 0%!!. Amazing what BS the adminstration throws out there.
    Like · Reply · 14 · 15 hrs

Danny Bowlin · Galion
    People have hated the trade deals from NAFTA to now. The people in DC all work for big money people that want low wage workers.The want to be able to ship jobs to low wage countries and let illegals flood in to the USA to puch down pay here for many jobs. Trump if he fixes the trade deals so we sell as much as we buy from other countries this will bring back millions of jobs to the USA. Sending all illegals home will let pay go up on many jobs here. This would be good for working people because there would be more jobs and better paying jobs. That is why the GOP and the DEMS are fighting to stop Trump their big money people does not want to see wages going up. They can put billions more in their pockets if they can keep people down and keep wages low. I hope the people in American can see that. There is on one person running that wants to fix these two things Trade And the illrgal problem and that is Trump. So if you want to be able to get abetter job and higher pay vote for Trump.
    Like · Reply · 14 · 13 hrs

Tammy Horton · Owner-Operator at The Fashion Exchange
    THIS IS Y WE NEED TRUMP BAD !!!!!!!Here are 14 reasons illegal aliens should vacate America , and I hope they are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them:
    $14 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare to illegal aliens.
    $2.2 billion dollars are spent each year on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
    $7.5 billion dollars are spent each year on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
    $12 billion dollars are spent each year on primary and secondary school educ...See More
    Like · Reply · 16 · 19 hrs

Regina L. Moore · Atlanta, Georgia
    Can you tell me where you got the info, so I can shut up the Trump haters?
    Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Rachel Hooper
    Regina, I found the article that those percentages were taken from. It is from 2011, so you can assume those figures are even higher, especially with the dramatcially increased souther border invasion we began seeing these past couple years: http://www.rense.com/general94/whatif20.htm
    Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr · Edited

Pete Rosetto · Software Engineer at Unemployed
    With you all the way ladies! Mr. Trump is going to bring America Back! NAFTA is GONE! We will forget how we even spelled it! Illegals? GONE! High fines on companies who hire them will put them out of work! High Fines on landlords who rent to them will give them NO PLACE TO HIDE! And if they still can't find the border, we'll show them our NORTHERN border, you know, the one just north of Palin's State! Hope they can SWIM!!! #DonaldTrumpForPresident pundits!!!
    Like · Reply · 11 · 11 hrs

Valerie J Shaver Manley · Owner at Shear Cut
    Go#Trump#POTUS
    Like · Reply · 11 · 16 hrs
    Sara Smith · San Francisco, California
    GO TRUMP!!!
    Like · Reply · 11 · 17 hrs

Kevin Alvar · Eastern Connecticut State University
    The liberal media would have you believe NCIS didnt draw 15.7 million viewer during the Democratic debate That they only had 10.5 million was not true an that the republican debate drew 57% more viewers But that again is the liberal news even without Brian Williams
    Like · Reply · 11 · 19 hrs

Regina L. Moore · Atlanta, Georgia
    Isn't Brian Williams back on the air or is he not covering the election? I thought I read he was back, but can't remember if he was rehired or hired somewhere else.
    Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Kelley Eidem · University of Maryland, College Park
    CNN was counting all the captive audiences at airports.
    Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs · Edited

Kathy Distel · Milford High School, Milford, Ohio
    Kentucky too has lost toons my jobs due to China sending cheaper steel thereby diminishing the need for a steel plant and closing down all our coal mine jobs. We totally need union support!
    Like · Reply · 10 · 17 hrs

Barbara Lamonica · Sales at Retired
    Yes we need our manufacturing jobs back here in America not out sourced overseas and to other countries. Vote for Donald Trump if you want to put food on your table and be able to pay your mortgage and educate your children.
    Like · Reply · 10 · 15 hrs

Kathleen Hastings · School of Hard Knocks, The University of Life
    Not surprised. Fibally people are wakubg up and aeeing what a failure Obummer is. #donaldtrump ONLY for POTUS
    Like · Reply · 8 · 12 hrs

Carolyn Camarerri ·
    He has our vote! No more bought and paid off jaded lier politicians!
    Like · Reply · 9 · 9 hrs

Ken Kennemur · Property invester at Entrepreneur
    Trump will win in a landslide libtards pack your bags and move to Greece
    Like · Reply · 5 · 4 hrs

Victor Cognovit
    Time to get rid of the muslim and the scourge of this country, political correctness. Time to restore the country to its former glory.... time for TRUMP!
    Like · Reply · 5 · 4 hrs

Mark Sanders · Surgeon in Chief at Sanders Clinic for Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
    The blue collar workers are real people with real jobs, and real families to support. They have neither the time, the money, nor the education to live inside their own heads, surrounded by ivy growing on over 200 year old bricks,, and dreaming of Plato's Utopia. They live in the real world, far from the egg heads and limosine liberals that I just described. (And I mean this without prejudice against them, but with prejudice towards the egg heads that taught me to wear this bowtie) The fact that their country is losing economic ground internationally is putting their jobs at risk, and their union health care benefits have been seriously erroded secondary to the Affordable Care Act. These are all good reasons for them to support Donald Trump. Dr. Carson is a good second choice.
    Like · Reply · 5 · 12 hrs

Sharon Knapik
    Carson is Mr. 'Pathway to Citizenship' and not good on 2nd A... Trade? He doesn't say a whole lot about it, and certainly doesn't have the finance/economic background of Trump. (Although I like Dr Carson very much, I don't think he could bring home the bacon.)
    Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs

Demetrius Malik
    The motto we will make the working mans life better from a candidate whos party has been in power since the 2006 elections doesn't fly. People know if they are out of work, they know what the job market is like, and they know that putting gas in the car and food on the table gets harder and harder every day, no matter what they say. #blackliesmatter #trump2016 #biden2015
    Like · Reply · 5 · 17 hrs

ALL LIVES MATTER...
    Like · Reply · 2 · 14 hrs
    Margie Rap
    Love the comments and the enthusiasm of the Trump voters. Watching him and he's the only man, that will put America back on track in so many areas. He's for real! Love the wall on the border he wants to build. That will really help get back some sanity to America! #DONALDTRUMPWILLMAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN
    Like · Reply · 7 · 8 hrs

Helga Linton · Phoenix, Arizona
    Go #trump for president Armenia nets trump for president Donald #trump is the only won can fix America vote for trump.
    Like · Reply · 5 · 14 hrs

Sandy Brown · Groves, Texas
    You know the Democratics are gonna try and do every dirty trick in the book. So we need a ground game to get more voters registered. The reason Obama is placing more illegals in some states Than others is to get more electoral votes in Democratic States. So we need to really push to get more voters registered.
    Like · Reply · 4 · 3 hrs

Will David
    Trump is the only one that understands how money really works. He will get America back to work with jobs that actually pay good! Thankyou Donald Trump.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

LETS GO WIN THIS THING by the largest victory in US history and give our new President a mandate that can not be reckoned with, so when CEOs get the call from President Trump, they go "oh, crap", because they already know where Trump goes so do we all, and if he/she doesn't both keep and bring back his company's manufacturing jobs to the United States, we'll boycott that company into bankruptcy.

We'll do it one day at a time, one company at a time, until the current Fortune 500 list won't even exist and the word "free" means Freedom, not Free Trade, and the word "open" means Open For Business, not Open Borders.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good comments.

In case anyone is curious, Texas only requires the standard voter registration to vote in the primary elections.
    One does not need to register as a republican or democrat.
    However, if you vote in the primary for a dem, and then there is a run-off for the rep., then you can not participate in the rep run-off re-elections.

Calling on all Texans (US citizens ONLY) to stand united. Vote for Trump in the primary and general elections. Make this country great again!

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/the-basics-of-primary-voting-texas-edition.html/

Last edited by Goldendaze; 12-12-2015 at 10:19 AM.