Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should all drivers take test in English? 12 languages?

Should all drivers take test in English?

By Samira Jafari
    Associated Press Writer

MONTGOMERY â€â€
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

You know, it really gets my goat for states to pass legislaton based on what the people of that state want and then the Federal Government comes along and overturns it all.

We need to get the federal government back to minding it's own business and letting states decide what they want.

I applaud Alabama for making English their official language. I don't know why the entire USA isn't that way, personally. And I don't know why any state should have to go to the expense of printing up drivers manuals in skeithty-eight languages just to appease a few. If people want to obtain US drivers licenses, it shouldn't be too much to ask that they speak English.

As for the signs, that is why most are pictures now--it is sort of an international thing so that drivers from anywhere can go anywhere in the world and at least recognize caution signs. I don't dispute that this should be the case. It is unreasonable to expect people who come here to visit for a few weeks as tourists to learn enough English to pass a drivers test but it isn't unresonable to ask it of people who plan to live here --even semi-permanently.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN ENGLISH. CASE CLOSED! If they can't read, tell them to walk.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I here now they want kids to learn Chinese so that they compete in a global economy.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

jp--I read something about that the other day. I think that is disgusting! When do they think we are going to go visit China? Are Americans even allowed to go there yet? Jeepers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    jp--I read something about that the other day. I think that is disgusting! When do they think we are going to go visit China? Are Americans even allowed to go there yet? Jeepers!

I think China is coming here.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN ENGLISH. CASE CLOSED! If they can't read, tell them to walk.
    Agreed Bootsie. Wonder if the guy in Charlotte who murdered the UNCC student Friday night was able to read "DO NOT ENTER" before driving the wrong direction on the interstate?

No doubt China is coming here, jp. They stow away on those ships full of second rate merchandise that the gov't keeps letting in here. Perhaps that is part of the government plan--to have so many different languages going on in this country so that people can't communicate with one another anymore.

As for those "do not enter" signs, you could be right, had_enuf. They drive down the wrong side of I-10 and cause accidents here all the time. And what gets me is they turn around and sue DOT because they are ignoramuses! And these are citizens from across the border who don't even live in this country!

Speaking of that IDIOT in Charlotte--I have something to post about him if nobody else has already done it. I need to go find it but it will BLOW YOU AWAY.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

TWELVE languages! Is t his like the tower of Babel and the Federal Gov't is God? This is total nonsense. If they can't speak English, I'm with Bootsie, they can walk. There's lots of public transportation, too. They can get into a taxi and point and grunt or something! Hop on a bus and pray they get off at the right place. Maybe travel by landmarks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast