I agree with most of these posts about emergency medical care for illegals. However, I disagree with the opposition to the current health care reform proposals. I think everyone who is opposed to illegal immigration should recognize that it helps our cause. Presently, illegals are not denied emergency room care. It might be based on a federal court decision. This isn't going to change anytime soon, certainly not with the current legislation. And let's not revisit the criminal inaction of the GOP from 2001 to 2006. If health care reform passes (and I'm only talking about how it relates to illegal immigration - go ahead and oppose it for other reasons if you want) who's going to be in the emergency rooms with non-emergency conditions like earaches and upset stomachs? 100% illegals, that's who! Every other deadbeat person here legally will be at the free clinic, where he doesn't have to wait with all the... illegals! One of the things proamnesty groups always toss back at us is that "we just don't know" if someone in the emergency room is illegal or not. Well, if this passes, we will, and we will be able to put a concrete dollar amount on how much it's costing us taxpayers.