Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should Politicians Customize the Constitution?

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... ml?cnn=yes

LOL, this is the beginning of the end of the U.S as we know it... Say goodbye freedoms, say hello American dictator.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Bush is already doing this. Picking and choosing which laws he wants to enforce. Wisconsin is just following his lead.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBaztard
    Bush is already doing this. Picking and choosing which laws he wants to enforce. Wisconsin is just following his lead.

Aint that the truth.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Banned
    On Tuesday the City Council in Madison will vote whether elected officials or city appointees can add to their oath of office, in which they swear to uphold the state and federal constitutions, a rejection of the parts they don't like.
    Okay, let's stop right there. What this demonstrates to me is a failure of our educational system to impart to the politicians in question and to the citizenry at large the nature of a constitution.

As a refresher, here's the deal: A free society such as ours in which all power is inherent in the People begins with the premise that there are no fundamental pre-existent powers of government. Government is a necessary evil that necessarily infringes on some liberties and requires the ceding of some powers from the individual and to the state. The constitution is the compact between the People and the state. It specifies the powers that have been ceded, the rights that have been retained, and the limitations on the governmental exercise of the ceded powers. As such, a constitution cannot be subjected to any form of editing by the elected or appointed civil servants. The constitution is the sole grant of power to those elected officials. It pre-exists the office in question and is in fact the creator of the office, just as the People are the creators of the compact. The creation cannot be greater than the creator, and so the created office cannot choose whether or not to honor the entirety of its creator, the compact between the People, in whom all power is inherent, and the government, of which the office is a part.

By definition, then, any representative of an office that refuses to swear to uphold the conditions under which that office is granted its power has no lawful authority to exercise that power. He or she engages in an act of tyranny from the very moment he or she rejects any portion of the compact.

Man, I must tell you that the rapidly decaying state of education in this nation has reached a critical point. When we no longer comprehend the nature of the institutions that serve us and of the compacts that created and bind them, we are one bad election away from irreversible tyranny. I implore everyone reading this post to do what it takes to free up enough time to set aside everything you think you know about this government and the republic it serves and to go back and read and study the writings of the men who founded this nation as well as the source material they cite. As much as we revel in our imagined sophistication today, we are like cave men compared with the raw intellect and practical discernment of our ancestors only five or six generations removed.

April

So true, Jaded!

I implore everyone reading this post to do what it takes to free up enough time to set aside everything you think you know about this government and the republic it serves and to go back and read and study the writings of the men who founded this nation as well as the source material they cite. As much as we revel in our imagined sophistication today, we are like cave men compared with the raw intellect and practical discernment of our ancestors only five or six generations removed.
    As usual, well said Crockett and I agree. The state of our decaying educational system is very sad. Call me a little paranoid, but I honestly believe this is a major tactic being used by the advocates of the NWO. Dumb down a nation to the point of its own citizens not even knowing how and why our forefathers did what they did will make their plans easier to impliment. My kids have read different books (not in the public school system) of events leading up to and post Constitution days, and they were amazed at what they read. What made me sad is when they kept saying, "We never learned about that in school."
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.