Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Should your child's English teacher speak fluent English?

Should your child's English teacher speak fluent English?

By The Scribe May 24, 2010 5:00 AM

A French teacher speaks fluent French, right? A Russian teacher speaks fluent Russian. A Spanish teacher speaks fluent Spanish. So, logically, an English teacher must speak English, right? Who thinks the Obama administration will agree with this one?

Arizona Seeks to Reassign Heavily Accented Teachers http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05 ... -teachers/

After passing the nation's toughest state immigration enforcement law, Arizona's officials are now cracking down on teachers with heavy accents.

The Arizona Department of Education is sending evaluators to audit teachers and their English speaking skills to make sure districts are complying with state and federal laws.

Teachers who are not fluent in English, have a heavy accent or do not speak grammatically correct will be temporarily reassigned.

Sounds fair to me but I don't think liberals will agree.

http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/05 ... y-ears.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really think all this discussion is idiotic.

Give the teachers an oral exam and if they can't pass, then bye bye. When I took a 3rd language in college, I had to pass verbalized exams by using proper pronunciation, usage and sentence structure.

It's a chair, not a sher.

To teach school in Texas, you must pass a state exam.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)