Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Shouldn't the People have their say?

Something just came to me, why aren't the so called "Politicians" putting the matter of Alien Felons up for a vote by the citizens of this great land? Isn't our goverment "...for the people, by the people..." etc. Here is my logic:

* If we allow our politicians to grant 12-50 million Alien Felons amnesty of some type, doesn't that also give them access to medical, federal resources, ...and oh yeah, access to our already broke Social Security System?

* Does paying a fine of $2,000-$10,000 really replace all the resources they took while in a "felon" status?

* Would Americans vote to pay a one time "deportation" act to remove all known Alien Felons? (Has my vote!!!)

Why aren't we asking our "Politicians" why they can't let the people (the very people who put them into office) vote on such a measure? Is it because they would be sorely defeated? Wouldn't such a vote be binding on our representatives? I'm just looking for a way to stop all of this nonsense. Does this idea have merit?

Won't happen, They only care about the money they receive from lobbiest and power. I don't believe they would give up their power and money they receive for a vote from any of us on our opinion. To bad the greed and power hungry politicians have taken over our government and our tax money.

In order for that to happen, as posylady said, concerning corruption, we would have to really clean house, and elect new guardians for our future security. And they would have to be people of good will, who believe that Liberty is far more important than fiat money that is received. The lobbyists would have to be outlawed, along with institutions like the ACLU, who are to big for their britches now, and way way way overstep their bounds.

The fat in Washington would really have to be cut to the quick, and the elected officials for at least 100 years to come would have to be similar to untouchables. In other words, uncorruptable. But that's the hardest part of keeping a Constitutional Republic intact, is keeping corruption out.