Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The situation in DC ?

Friends,

Can some of you dig in on the news reports and the info avail on Federal websites to see what in the world is going on in DC?

One minute they are talking about sticking amnesty legislation into other bills, now they are talking about a border enforcement bill that we have no assurances will be effective.

Something smells very funny about all of this and we need some deep research fast.

Please post your opinions and any findings here.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like they're using a strategy of confusion to divide and conquer. If they can keep us off balance they can see the moment of complacency and sneak their scamnesty bill under the radar. As concerned as I am about what is going on I have found myself to not be as active because of the brain drain of all the influx of information. I think that is the ultimate strategy. Get us mentally tired and going several different directions where we can't offer up a united front on individual legislation and then act quickly (just like the senate scamnesty bill was presented) before we can get our ducks in a row.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    As you can see there trying to get one over on us!!! They tried it with the first bill that was introduced and the second!!! Were wide awake and we are fighting!!! I agree on what "avenger" said!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/193707
    An editorial in the Arizona Daily Star skates around the issue and I have posted an excerpt from the article below (the article in it's entirety was posted on ALIPAC earlier today by GREGAGREATAMERICAN):

Thursday evening, Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., who championed the failed comprehensive plan and the new security act, got the Senate to add $60 million to the amendment for improvements to the Basic Pilot Program, the federal database of those able to work in the country legally.
    Kyl said Thursday that he has not given up on the comprehensive approach, but it will be hard to accomplish this session.
    Thus, he said, he "took advantage of an opportunity on the Homeland Security appropriation bill to send a strong message that we're serious about enforcement."
    Kyl said the public is reluctant to accept reform until there is action on enforcement.
    Without question, security must be part of immigration reform. The Star's long-held position is that immigration reform must be comprehensive and include security, as well as a guest-worker program, workplace controls and an equitable system for dealing with the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants working in our country and contributing to its economy.
    Kyl told us he hopes enforcement funding will encourage people to look toward other areas of reform. We hope he's right and that the security boost placates the enforcement-only factions and that other aspects of immigration reform will be able to move forward.
    The $60 million boost for the Basic Pilot Program should help Arizona employers smacked by a draconian state law that requires verification of new employees' legal status using the iffy system. Under the ill-conceived employer-sanctions law, a business' license could be suspended and the workplace shut down — leaving all employees out of work — if the business knowingly hires an undocumented worker.
    My take:
    1.) Kyl is still looking at comp reform that includes amnesty (probably to placate the farmers and business community).

2.) Bleeding hearts in Congress have only agreed to border security because they feel than can claim they have addressed what has concerned the public and they can springboard from that into their piecemeal amnesties (DREAM act, AgJobs, etc.) until the time is more ripe for another comprehensive approach.

3.) I hear Specter is formulating a Comprehensive Plan that removes the "illegal" from alien by negating the criminal charges of illegally entering the country. Info on that has been posted recenty by other ALIPAC'ers recently.

William-

William-

It is the basic "Look over there" process! Keep the oposition busy with one thing and they we will work on this other thing and pass it without anybody noticing!

Look for Kyl to push another "A" type bill in August! This is not dead by any means! They want all the fuel they can get, even if it is defeat of bills they put up, so that come the 2008 Election, the Dems can say that they have tried and tried but the (R) side refuses to work with them! (Now it is the R-'s fault, thus more votes! for Dems)

It is all about $$$$$ and VOTES! anymore!

Ken
    Ken Dreger

Folks what William is asking for is for us to find out what they are up to in Congress and Senate this week and post it here.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I have noticed the Washington States Gov. went to Mexico a week or so ago on a so called promotional drive to sell more Washington products in Mexico.

Fact is , if you go to her web site and read about her trip the whole thing tips her hand to negotiations with the Mexican government regarding American immigration policy.

It is not the first time she has been used to conduct such under the table message packing by our political system. With Gov. lock it was China , with Gregroire it is Mexico.

I would post a link to her web site but I do not want it on my computer. [/img]

William,
    PM sent, Dream Act amnesty update.

I agree this is to overwhelm and confuse us, and speaking for me, they're doing a darn fine job of it

They know that if they can put something together and pass it before it can be posted to the government websites, we won't have time to figure it out and act. They are continuing to betray us.

From what I see on the Senate and House calenders on the LoC Thomas Register for today, there is nothing alarming. The Senate doesn't even open until 2:00 pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast