Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I know it's a bit late for it now but I would have investigated the schools in the area I was moving to before doing so. Especially since you were trying to escape this nonsense from your prior location.
    Thanks Old Glory - but I DID investigate first and was told over and over that the schools were on par with the one they went to before. The truth is it's extremely difficult to get away from it here. Believe me, I did not see this coming and it really threw me for a loop. It's just so over the top!

If it was up to me alone, I'd have left the state YEARS ago, but we can't so moving to a rural area was the compromise for now. I've mentioned my "ten year plan" on here before-but the way things are going around here - we might not hold out that long.

Maybe I will write a letter to the editor of the small paper we have here. I doubt it will get published as it is a bit too controversial. Right now they are up in arms about some big changes made recently to how they do stuff at the town library.

I was thinking last night and first thing this morning-this is my dilema as a parent: I need to think of what is best for my child. I would grudgingly encourage him to learn spanish for his own good. I know he is going to need it because that is the way this country is going. But I want it to be HIS choice-not because it was forced on him.

So many my age took French in high school and now wish they'd learned spanish. I took spanish in high school and barely passed the class because I didn't take it seriously. I lived in a very small town that was 90% white back in the 80's. I never heard spanish there growing up so as a result I did not take it seriously. Spanish seemed like some language for a far away foreign land...how things have changed-now it's not far away at all, but right in our face 24/7.
    I live in Calif. also so I know what you are talking about. It is hard to escape. I would never learn Spanish and I will tell you why. Most Hispanic Americans can speak English so why learn Spanish? The only reason Spanish is being pushed on us is because most illegals are from Mexico. I am hoping that our politicans finally wise up and do something about this problem and we will therefore not have Spanish pushed on us anymore. I refuse to learn the language of our invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    I know it's a bit late for it now but I would have investigated the schools in the area I was moving to before doing so. Especially since you were trying to escape this nonsense from your prior location.
    Thanks Old Glory - but I DID investigate first and was told over and over that the schools were on par with the one they went to before. The truth is it's extremely difficult to get away from it here. Believe me, I did not see this coming and it really threw me for a loop. It's just so over the top!

If it was up to me alone, I'd have left the state YEARS ago, but we can't so moving to a rural area was the compromise for now. I've mentioned my "ten year plan" on here before-but the way things are going around here - we might not hold out that long.

Maybe I will write a letter to the editor of the small paper we have here. I doubt it will get published as it is a bit too controversial. Right now they are up in arms about some big changes made recently to how they do stuff at the town library.

I was thinking last night and first thing this morning-this is my dilema as a parent: I need to think of what is best for my child. I would grudgingly encourage him to learn spanish for his own good. I know he is going to need it because that is the way this country is going. But I want it to be HIS choice-not because it was forced on him.

So many my age took French in high school and now wish they'd learned spanish. I took spanish in high school and barely passed the class because I didn't take it seriously. I lived in a very small town that was 90% white back in the 80's. I never heard spanish there growing up so as a result I did not take it seriously. Spanish seemed like some language for a far away foreign land...how things have changed-now it's not far away at all, but right in our face 24/7.
    I live in Calif. also so I know what you are talking about. It is hard to escape. I would never learn Spanish and I will tell you why. Most Hispanic Americans can speak English so why learn Spanish? The only reason Spanish is being pushed on us is because most illegals are from Mexico. I am hoping that our politicans finally wise up and do something about this problem and we will therefore not have Spanish pushed on us anymore. I refuse to learn the language of our invaders.
    Yes, can you imagine the tax dollars that could be saved in this state? I expect to get flyers from school with English on the front and spanish on the other - but a Christmas presentation that is 2/3 spanish for a 5th grader? Insane and over the top!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd be willing to bet that most of the Spanish speaking kids attending that school are either here illegally or they are anchors who were only taught Spanish at home.

I agree with those who mentioned it should be in english, spanish, and also for the native americans, otherwise it should be all english. I have known too many hispanics who only speak english when they have to or when they fel like it. Drives me insane.

I would definetly write an e-mail or make a phone call to the teacher and express my feelings. If people don't stand up to this, that is where we are forced to endure this bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara
    I agree with those who mentioned it should be in english, spanish, and also for the native americans, otherwise it should be all english. I have known too many hispanics who only speak english when they have to or when they fel like it. Drives me insane.

I would definetly write an e-mail or make a phone call to the teacher and express my feelings. If people don't stand up to this, that is where we are forced to endure this bull.
    That has been my experience also. Far too many Hispanics only speak English when they have to. Why this adversion to our langauge if they were born here or chose to migrate here? I don't care what language someone chooses to speak in their home, however. They just aren't assimilalting to our language and culture no matter how many say they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    From your description of the school, it sounds like they need to incorporate a Native American song as well.
    Excellent suggestion RM! Go to the school administrators, and voice your concerns about the Christmas program not being “diverseâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Im so sorry you're having to deal with this!
    Im so glad my kids are out of the school system here now! Im also from CA...
    I think the suggestion to bring attention that there isn't a Native American song is very good!! One of them would be fun to learn....
    Im afraid , complaints about the songs being in spanish will bring criticism of racism.....which is so very frustrating!!!
    I just don't understand why this is being stuffed down the childrens throats like this.....
    The immigrants should be learning our Holiday songs in English...thats why they are here, isn't it? To be AMERICANS....which includes our culture....

I wish i had some sort of answer for you....
    But you and i both know...everytime you complain...the race card is going to get thrown in your face!

Oh....i hate CA !!!
    Counting the months to leave...

Cancel the "Christmas Program" the school's budget can't absorb the cost of translators for the parents who don't speeky Espanolee!

"I still like this song and it's in spanish and english!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAimJ-EXOF8

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great suggestions and thanks everyone!

Last night report cards came home and after being at the school only for a few months, my son made the honor roll and I, along with a guest, got invited to an "honor roll luncheon". This makes the situation really sticky now...proud of my son tho. For some funny reason I thought of inviting Tom Tancredo along as my "guest". LOL!

I pondered not saying anything and just quietly pulling him out of school that day. But really, I NEED to make my feelings about this known, but in a nice way. I will probably start out with a email to his teacher and principal and see how it goes from there. I will bring up the fact that a Native American song is missing from there. Good points and I DO appreciate the help.

...and yes No Bueno- you know me well. I loooooves me some diversity!

Great suggestions and thanks everyone!
    I loooooves me some diversity!
    This is a nice Christmas song sung in Navajo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzARB-VeUc
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast