Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Smithfield EMAIL CAMPAIGN!!

Information here:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 056#247056

Smithfield Union Workers Walk Out, Protest Labor Screening Process
    POSTED: 3:16 pm EST November 16, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:47 pm EST November 16, 2006

TAR HEEL, N.C. -- More than 300 workers, many of them Hispanic, walked out of a Smithfield Foods Inc. hog slaughtering plant Thursday, protesting a labor screening process and what they described as management intimidation and abuse.
    PINESTRAWSMAN:
    I think an e-mail campaign to Smithfield as well as a pork shopping spree are in order.

We should take a few days to a week to e-mail and call them, thanking them for FINALLY doing the right thing, and then we should do a REVERSE boycott and STOCK UP on Smithfield products.

If we put this out to ALL our groups we could make a difference

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Smithfield Foods
    Smithfield, Va
    Fax: 757-357-1331
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I'm trying to reach their press guy in NYC and their spokesman in Tar Heel for statements. When told that several thousand organized people want to support them they get VERY friendly.

I'm going to work with these two this afternoon to put together a story for this website. William may want to do a national release on it when he gets back.

This is good, PINE

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

smithfield

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    This is good, PINE

My letter of support is going out in today's mail !

Hi everyone This is my first post on ALI-PAC but I've been reading for awhile. I'm active in MCDC. Just a little more info on the Smithfield thing and what's behind it. For one thing the Union's been trying to get in there for 10 years. Also Hispanic groups from Chicago have been trolling down there. I don't support Smithfield for using illegals in the first place but I do give them credit for trying to do the right thing now.

Check out the documents on this link:

http://www.smithfieldjustice.com/PressRoom.php

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Hi everyone This is my first post on ALI-PAC but I've been reading for awhile. I'm active in MCDC. Just a little more info on the Smithfield thing and what's behind it. For one thing the Union's been trying to get in there for 10 years. Also Hispanic groups from Chicago have been trolling down there. I don't support Smithfield for using illegals in the first place but I do give them credit for trying to do the right thing now.

Check out the documents on this link:

http://www.smithfieldjustice.com/PressRoom.php
    Hello cvangel. Welcome aboard. Thanks for the link. I am finding some interesting stuff on there.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

You're most welcome! Thanks for the welcome too!

Banned
    Welcome to ALIPAC, cvangel!!!

Scub, you dig up anything 'juicy' over there?

Thanks! I emailed the link to Lou last night since he did a piece on Smithfield yesterday but don't know if he's seen it or done anything with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast