Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And so it begins in Farmers Branch

Several places in Farmers Branch have already started to use English only. They include the library and a fitness center. The fitness center turned off a Spanish language channel in its workout room. Though I don't think the center fell under the city's new ordinance, good for them. It's their choice. If some don't like it, which some don't, then they can buy one of those Chuck Norris gym sets and work out at home.

They still have a battle to be fought, but good for them. My mayor has ignored my request, but I will continue to annoy him until he pays attention. I hope Friendswood will be successful and that more Texas towns will follow suit.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Fantastic!!!!!!!

Good for Farmers Branch!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

TYRANT
    I know! FB is the most courageous of all the towns to date!

It was so refreshing to read them today. The Rec TVs too
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I work in Farmers Branch and am excited to see what businesses switch over to English-Only (don't count on Chicken and Rice they won't even hire no spanish-speaking people).

Oh, my gosh. I hadn't heard.

The next time we head to East Texas, we will have to make a special effort to go through there and patronize some of the FB businesses.

We all know, of course, that if they are successful, they will be the targets.

I just saw on Lou Dobbs that the Feds are after some town in NY because there has never been an 'Hispanic' elected to their city government!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No hispanic in city government? No way! That just isn't right! You HAVE to have a hispanic in office somewhere. It's just plain discrimination. Is that the fault of the town or of the parties? Or, maybe no hispanic has chosen to run. I surely hope my taxpayer dollars are not being wasted to investigate something as ridiculous as this.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

April
    Hats off to Farmers Branch, this is great news!

I just heard there is a petition to get this put on the ballot for the people to vote in Farmer's Branch.

As to the city in NY, I believe it was reported that Hispanics have run, just didn't get elected.

i doubt 100% of the names on the petition will be validated. Seems they have been misrepresenting their intentions and getting people to put down fake addresses.

it is due tomorrow so we will see.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/w ... f4aca.html

Farmers Branch trash bags, gym go all English...well, almost

09:17 PM CST on Saturday, December 9, 2006

By DAN RONAN / WFAA-TV

WFAA-TV
    In one Farmers Branch gym, all TV sets are now tuned to stations that broadcast only in English. Also Online

FARMERS BRANCH - The City of Farmers Branch, which is in the middle of the national controversy over illegal immigration, is starting to implement some of its new restrictions.

Last month, its leaders declared English as the city's official language.

Now, the rules are being enforced.

If you're a Farmers Branch resident and come to the beautiful Farmers Branch Recreation Center to exercise, you'll notice a big change on the T V sets near the treadmills.

All the sets are now tuned to stations that broadcast only in English.

There are nine sets, now tuned to pre-selected channels, including Channel 8, ESPN, CNN and the Fox News Channel.

The Spanish language station that used to be on has been changed.

The city says there's no health or safety reason for them to make Spanish stations available for people who are exercising.

It's one of the ways the city says it's putting in place the new government restrictions that were approved last month.

Meanwhile, the public works department is printing new trash bags.

The schedule for trash pick up will be in English only.

But the instructions how to load the bag will be in both languages, because that's considered a safety issue.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast