Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Clear thinking on this one

Which is worse? Pot or Alcohol?

Tax it , regulate it ,

Talk about a shovel ready job
    I live in California. We are going to vote on legalizing marijuana. We already have enough dead and mutilated people caused by drinking drivers. We don't need doped up teenagers behind the wheel here on top of it all.

I can't imagine marijuana growing in people's back yards, and expecting young kids to not have access to this gateway drug.

I think people have gone crazy.
    What makes you think there are not "doped" up teenagers behind the wheel now? Drinking and driving is illegal, especially by minors and they still do it. Legalizing marijuana does not make it legal to drive while intoxicated.

If you’re worried about kids having "access" to drugs, I wouldn't worry about marijuana growing in backyards. I would worry about JR sneaking into mom and dad's liquor bar or medicine cabinet to get their drugs.

Alcohol is more likely to be a “gatewayâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

marijuana legalization

There are valid arguments for and against the legalization of marijuana.

A former United States Attorney in the state of Washington, John Mckay, supports legalizaton. The following is copied from an article published on November 16, 2009, at www.seattlepi.com (link to article: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/412363_pot16.html ):

In the end, he argued, marijuana should not be lumped in with cocaine, methamphetamine and heroin as part of the war on drugs. Marijuana law, McKay said, "should look a lot more like alcohol (regulations) and a lot less like cocaine and methamphetamine (laws)."

Well, I think that it is best that we not continue this conversation here at ALIPAC.

Our topic is illegal immigration and while Tancredo has just infused the topic of legalization of MJ with immigration because of who he is and what he represents, I respectfully ask that everyone bring this conversation to a close.

We have other important matters to focus on and we do not want to give our opposition that is reading all of these posts any more ammunition than Tancredo just handed them.

So let's bring this discussion to a close please.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    He is notorious for shooting himself and others in the foot.

I want Tancredo to be Governor of CO, but if he did make a statement like that this close to the election day it was a mistake. No candidate in their right mind would run on making MJ legal and when you are a candidate and you say something like that on Fox News 8 days before the election day then you are "running on" that issue.

Can anyone verify this info for us? I would still vote for Tancredo but if this is going to be posted at ALIPAC we need verification it is accurate please.

W
    I caught the end of it on Fox interview and he was asked the question and he stated that what was being done now was not working so he was open to discussion about legalization. That is what I heard and some talk about the dangers of the drug cartels at the border.

In another interview this is what he says he is running on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT1hXLTbITk

April
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Well, I think that it is best that we not continue this conversation here at ALIPAC.

Our topic is illegal immigration and while Tancredo has just infused the topic of legalization of MJ with immigration because of who he is and what he represents, I respectfully ask that everyone bring this conversation to a close.

We have other important matters to focus on and we do not want to give our opposition that is reading all of these posts any more ammunition than Tancredo just handed them.

So let's bring this discussion to a close please.

W
    Did not see this until after I posted.

Banned
    Deleted as per Williams request

Sorry I commented on a post before I saw your post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12