Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That's true. I don't see a THING that it's accomplished. They, of course, would claim that it accomplishes things that we don't SEE but I feel like, if it were THAT effective, they would SURELY have been able to win ONE COURT CASE against these people that our GOVERNMENT terrorized.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

nhantimassredrebel, golly! give it a rest! None of us said we plan to go fight shoulder to shoulder with a foreign dictator. And I'm sorry you are disappointed by the information I was able to find on a second's notice about Grenada. Whether or not the conspiracy theories prove to be true or not only time will tell but if we just sit around and let it all play out, what kind of fools are we going to look like if we didn't do anything to stop it? And aren't your views about Chavez also just based on a "conspiracy" plot?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bootsie, I was under the impression that the Patriot Act was instilled because they wanted to be able to try the terrorists they caught in a military type trial. They didn't even do that with the one guy they caught who was the 20th 9-11 man! So it was stupid to even bring it up. I believe they just want to mind our business and it's time to ditch the whole plan. If they would make a law that only citizens have rights they wouldn't have to worry about it to start with--they could do whatever it takes to illegals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As long as Chavez sells OIL to the United States then Washington will not care about Chavez unless he EXPORTS his revolutionary movement to Colombia and the rest of Latin America which signs indicate he is doing. He is looking to sell oil to other nations and he is buying Spanish arms and Russian AK-47's. He is being egged on by Fidel in Cuba. As long as oil remains at $50 + a barrel then Chavez can open soup kitchens for Venezuelan poor people which keeps him popular. When the price drops...if it drops...then Venezuelans will get tired of him...unless he takes total control like Castro.....he is no good for the United States...long term.

Chavez claims the US was behind the coup to oust him. They had him at a military airspace when someone in the Venezuelan military lost their nerve and put him back in power. The Argentinians would have pushed him out of a helicopter from 2,000 feet! Was the CIA behind the coup? Was the US embassy encouraging the coup behind the scenes? Could be?

Chavez knows he has to sell the US oil for NOW but he is cutting deals with China and Iran and Chavez went to Iraq and met with Saddam back in 2001.....He is bad news for the US anyway you look at it......he can spend Venezuelan oil revenues on the poor but that is very good indeed BUT when he starts buying arms and thumbing his nose at Washington he is looking for trouble......

Don't get distracted.

Chavez is important to the US because he OPPOSES the FTAA.

Listen people....Chavez is the only reason FTAA hasn't passed so far. The original deadline by agreement was that all countries ratify by Dec. 31 2005. It is supposed to be ratified before the end of the year. So far Chavez has made a big enough stink about it to stall it here.

But, Bush is a determined sort of guy and he may still get it voted on before January 1 while we're all sipping egg nog and inventorying our Christmas Booty.

As you know GWB is a very determined individual when it comes to his World Tyranny Agenda. You know, afterall, his family's been working on it now for about 3 generations. They are ready for some results and fruition. So is David Rockefeller who is 92 years old and definitely ready to see his World Government Dream Come True...afterall he's been working on it as well for over 50 years.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

nhmass--the only relevancy Venezuela has to the immigration debate is the FTAA. I'm not aware of any special relatonship between our country and Venezuela besides buying oil from them and some of our oil companies have oil and other investments there. If Pat Robertson hadn't suggested we assassinate Chavez, I probaby wouldn't even know his name or care to. I'm not interested in South America. I know they have some beautiful country; including Rain Forests; beautiful coastlines; spectacular mountains; and many diverse cultural regions. There is nothing about South America that I would want to change or impact in any manner. They are independent nations comprised of nice people and many of the countries are quite sophisticated, others less so by our standards but more so by theirs.

They have poverty, so do we.

They have people of great wealth, so do we.

Our system does not exist anywhere in South America to my knowledge.

Right now, even Our System is being tested and it remains to be seen whether or not it will meet the challenge of extermination.

The FTAA is one of the extermination tools.

Any foe of FTAA is a Strange Bedfellow Friend of the American People, a Stalin-Type Friend perhaps, but necessary nonetheless.

Anyone who thinks the we would have won WWII without Stalin needs to remember the 20,000,000 Russians who died in that war on our side against Germany and Japan compared to our 500,000.

What got me focused on Chavez a few months ago was Pat Robertson. I googled trying to find out who deserved to be assassinated, as if anyone would, and what I found quickly on Chavez was a character who has a humorous way of making his points and was making some efforts to improve life for his people. I also learned he opposed the FTAA which then explained the "assassination" "thought".

Our country is out of control and neither Chavez nor Venezuela have anything to do with it but for their own reasons may be an ally against the FTAA which is in our favor.

If the FTAA passes, then the US is now open borders with the hemisphere and you won't have to worry about Chavez because most of Venezuela will relocate here legally and can be poor here instead of there.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[/quote]He is bad news for the US anyway you look at it......

Mad props to JackSmith for some good common sense. Post some links for everybody, please.

Judy, I can't believe that you are still limping along helping this guy with the mountain of evidence that I have presented countering you. He doesn't support the FTAA. Okay, fine. I don't either, neither do you, and alot of Congressional people don't either! That's why it is doomed! It doesn't have squat to do with Venezuela. If the majority of Americans and their leaders were behind it Bush would find a way to delegitimize Venezuela's opinion, and I think you would agree with me there. It wouldn't pass the House or Senate today if put to a vote.

As always, I back my info up with a link (from one of my favorite sites):

http://www.stoptheftaa.org/artman/publi ... _130.shtml

And a quote:

"At another speech, to a Republican Party breakfast comprised of hard-core Bush supporters, I was pleasantly surprised to find overwhelming support for my “STOP the FTAA� message. These GOP loyalists flocked to the podium to express their concern and anger over the devastating losses of our steel production, our manufacturing base, our agriculture and our hi-tech industries. An aide to a Republican senator who has leaned toward supporting FTAA told the audience that my claim of a large and growing groundswell of opposition to the FTAA was exactly right."

Granted, that is not factual: most of the leaders who wouldn't support it won't admit it. But speculation abounds amidst most Washington insiders that Bush would suffer a major defeat surrounding the FTAA if it came to the floor today, which is why it hasn't been brought to a vote yet, and it's getting down to the wire.

Immigration is still too hot for the FTAA to even be considered, which means in all likelyhood it will be tabled/rejected. Thank J.D. Hayworth, Tom Tancredo, and the like.

Don't thank Chavez! Act like a real American, thank the Patriots who rally their elected officials and the officials who have the courage to take the right stand on the issue. Thanking Chavez is simply un-American.

oops.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456