Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some Context on the Coming GOP Immigration Debate

Some Context on the Coming GOP Immigration Debate
    prospect.org/csnc
    The group blog of The American Prospect
    By Paul Waldman
    Posted 09/02/2011 at 10:51 AM

Could immigration be Rick Perry‘s Achilles’ heel? Folks are beginning to ask. Republican primary voters, The Washington Post tells us, are pestering Republican presidential candidates about it. Ed Kilgore suggests it could be a problem for Perry in South Carolina. So we might be headed for a repeat of the 2008 primaries, where the contest between the candidates to prove themselves the most anti-immigrant grew so frenzied that it led John McCain to come out forcefully against the comprehensive immigration bill sponsored by some guy named John McCain. I think Tom Tancredo may have pledged to personally pistol-whip an immigrant, but my memory on that may be faulty.

As it happens, Perry’s history on immigration is rather—cover the children’s ears—moderate. As Kilgore explains:
    [quote]He has, after all, consistently supported a guest-worker program and a path to citizenship for undocumented workers, both positions contemptuously dismissed as code for “amnestyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    Remember the Huck-a-bot of 2008 Gov. Huckabee ran trying to sound like an anti amnestyist by claiming to adopt CIS Director Mark Krikorian's platform from National Review. Let's make Gov. Perry run on his record not his campaign promises what he would do as President would reflect his past as Governor.

Banned
    I hope to see if they ask them questions on immigration and hear their answers but i bet immigration dont come up.Just alot of bashing each other and Obama and what they are going to do about spending and jobs.

working4change
    Related Thread
    Rick Perry's pro-immigration Texas base

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-249053.html

If illegals can get anything they want, I think we should all say we are going to renounce our citizenship. That would put us all on a level playing field. If being illegal is special, we should all be special. I think what we should do actually, is stop paying ALLLLLLL federal, state and local taxes. If we did this for just 2 months, it would make them sit up and take notice. We can site illegal immigration and deficit spending as reasons. If they are going to mismanage our money, they can do without it. They can't put us all in jail and with no money they can't prosecute us. WE are not refusting to never pay, but until they get their crap together........

Re: Some Context on the Coming GOP Immigration Debate

But most of what Republicans want to happen on illegal immigration has, in fact, been happening.
    "When you do nothing, the little you do, means nothing!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn