Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spanish on Mass State Park Signs

While visitng family in northern Mass over Christmas I visited a state facility and they had Spanish carved into some of their signs. You know the brown type of signs that most state parks have.....

How on earth can they justify this? I'd call for the removal of it if I lived there.

Re: Spanish on Mass State Park Signs

Quote Originally Posted by over40
    While visitng family in northern Mass over Christmas I visited a state facility and they had Spanish carved into some of their signs. You know the brown type of signs that most state parks have.....

How on earth can they justify this? I'd call for the removal of it if I lived there.
    Were the signs made for by the state, or did someone carve spanish in? If they were made purposively for the state of MA, I would complain. But it wouldnt do any good, because state and federal governments dont seem to care what Americans think.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These were made by the state. Really sad to see this IMHO.... especially all the way up near the MA/NH border.

Oh it took me few to think on these one. But it should have been clear to me. Kennedy/Kerry.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Their reply to my asking why signs are also in Spanish:

Thank you for contacting MassParks.

The reason that signs are duplicated in Spanish at some (very few) Massachusetts State Parks is for public safety and public health reasons. In areas where there is a large population of people who may not have a fluent command of English, the Department of Conservation and Recreation attempts to insure that as many visitors as possible understand precautionary signs.

Sincerely,
    Department of Conservation and Recreation

Quote Originally Posted by over40
    Their reply to my asking why signs are also in Spanish:

Thank you for contacting MassParks.

The reason that signs are duplicated in Spanish at some (very few) Massachusetts State Parks is for public safety and public health reasons. In areas where there is a large population of people who may not have a fluent command of English, the Department of Conservation and Recreation attempts to insure that as many visitors as possible understand precautionary signs.

Sincerely,
    Department of Conservation and Recreation
    You should write them back and ask them. Why there not in Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Ect. also Tell them there Discriminating against these other people.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Oh, don't feel badly. I live in an area with a huge lake. EVERY SIGN at the lake is both in English and Spanish. AND, when I asked why, they said they had so many HISPANICS DROWNING that they needed to post the warning signs in Spanish! Well, you know what?? ALMOST EVERY DROWNING I READ about has an Hispanic name. SO, my conclusion is that they can't READ ANYWAY. Why not just put up PICTURES with BIG X's saying, NO SWIMMING and NO DRINKING because, almost every single drowning mentions some alcohol involvement.

THIS is in a small, rural North Carolina county. UN-BE-LIEVABLE!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

That's a very good idea... graphic signs. I am going to propose that to Mass.

I visited a lake near Greensboro and there were a ton of Mexicans fishing and hanging out. Garbage everywhere... they don't respect us or our rules.... really getting fed up with them.

Almost got hit by a car load of Mexicans yesterday who were speeding.... if they hit me they probably wouldn't have had insurance and then I'd be stuck.

Time to fix the system.

Was it, by any chance, HIGH ROCK LAKE in Davidson County???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

No, it was above Greensboro.... I forget the name. I was so disgusted I called the head of the state parks dept. and complained.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast