Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

butterbean,
    So true....
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

And, note also that it is only SPANISH that they are offering. IF, and that is a big IF, they are going to offer languages other than English in elementary school, there should be other choices. Maybe the children would like to take French or German. AND, if I had my way, ALL kids would HAVE to take Latin. If you master Latin, it will help you the rest of your life with ANY other language because most modern languages are based on Latin or Greek.

No--this is just another way to cram something down our collective throats that we are neither interested in nor care about in order to ENABLE our children to be the ones who have to communicate in the language of a country which continues to send us their outcasts illegally.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Booties,
    Nothing more than excuses any reasons as to why. You can’t expect a child in 1st grade to be able to decide which language would be good for him/her. We have enough problems that need to be addressed and another language isn’t the answer. In the US we used to be very behind in the language area though now we are one of the best nations that have programs for officials in the government that have to use a language and we don’t have the problem.

By the way we are North America, we don’t need to learn Latin!

All I see is you being politically correct get over it. I am so tired of hearing that we need to be accommodating to those people that refuse to respect our laws and our sovereignty. Yet you want us to learn another language for the purpose of being politically correct.

Pro

You completely misunderstood my position. If you will read my earlier post on the subject, you will see that I'm COMPLETELY against teaching a second language to elementary school children. And, IF they HAVE to teach them another language, it should NOT be SPANISH. I am against doing ANYTHING to accomodate children of illegal immigrants such as making it easy for MY children to communicate with them in any language OTHER THAN ENGLISH.

My point was that, if they DID choose teaching children another language, why would they FORCE them to take SPANISH?? There are a lot of other languages that they could take and it wouldn't be forcing OUR children to ASSIMILATE to some bunch of illegals.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    That is BS and English is the first language of this country, if those that want to learn another language they can do that when they offer it in H.S. and in College.
    God forbid that they should teach something that may be useful in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    That is BS and English is the first language of this country, if those that want to learn another language they can do that when they offer it in H.S. and in College.
    So true. They should focus on teaching useful stuff like Math, U.S. History, Science, and English.

Sorry Booties, i got you mixed up with Jose.

Pro

They have that choice in H.S or in College. Why should we allow Spanish to be taught at a younger grade it is completely unacceptable to even suggest it? If someone wants to learn such a language then so be it though it isn’t going to be forced upon because you think it will be useful in life. Again one has the option to learn another language at H.S. or College.

Pro

Thanks a lot, Pro! I REALLY wanted to be mistaken for JOSE!!!!

Jose doesn't seem to get it. It is the fact that they are going to spend all that money to force our children to take one language--Spanish. First, we can ill-afford to throw money away on teaching our children anything other than what they NEED to make it in this country.

Frankly, if we wanted our children to be forced to take Spanish, WE would be the ones illegally immigrating to Mexico. Now, how many people do you see sneaking across the border in the opposite direction??????

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Magoo
    So true. They should focus on teaching useful stuff like Math, U.S. History, Science, and English.
    It is my understanding that those subjects are also taught among others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast