Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have a "Spanish-free household" . Thank God.
    Cant stand it.

My native language is neither English nor Spanish
    but I speak English only.

I often say if I wanted to speak Spanish I would have
    moved to Paraguay or Mexico.

Bilingualism in America is great, as long as one of the languages is English. The other should be YOUR choice. Our schools offer French, German, Japanese, Latin or Spanish. Japanese class is the most popular and quickly filled.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    We can retaliate.

Teach our kids to refuse to learn Spanish.
    My kids have all refused to take Spanish in school.. 2 out of 3 took German!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Here in NH they are having a billingual job fair for the passport center. They are running advertisements in the classifieds. The qualifications were that you HAD to be billingual.

So you don't have to speak English to get a passport. How marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    What utter garbage!!! Anytime I heard them babbleing I walkby and say just loud enough...."Speak English!!"
    I just start singing AMERICA . AMERICA God Shed his grace on thee :P and not just loud enough for them but everyone around !!!!!
    Your dangerous girl.
    Really I am but I don't care I am willing to die for this country period. My husband made me leave our Apple Festival this past year because I wouldn't shut up and I didn't shut up all the way to my fan which is covered with the United States Flag (s) ! :P I am very very Patriotic and everyone in my town can tell . I have also seen an increase in others flying Old Glory in all its Beauty Nothing makes me happier than to see Old Glory Flying Proudly and very very Highly !!!

Also, My daughter and both my sisters kids have refused to learn it, and its not like they have a chance for College I am not rich, and we are not illegal so theres no help for us. My daughter brought home all A's and B's this past report card but do you think anyone here in NC government cares about our True United States Citizens Nope my kids know they are in the fight of their lives here in this country , I am not going to let my kids ever forget this country is theirs !!!! EVER !
    God Bless you PatrioticSandra-you are awesome!

When my Brazilian friend and I find ourselves in UNFRIENDLY Hispanic parts of Dallas, TX, we resort to PORTUGUESE! Portuguese is JUST enough DIFFERENT from Spanish so that they CAN'T QUITE make out WHAT we are saying! And, MY, does it EVER drive THEM UP a WALL! My Brazilian friend says it serves them RIGHT for BABBLING in FRONT of AMERICANS in SPANISH!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Bilingualism in America is great, as long as one of the languages is English. The other should be YOUR choice. Our schools offer French, German, Japanese, Latin or Spanish. Japanese class is the most popular and quickly filled.
    In my area we have the same choices-one of my nieces has opted for Japanese and absolutely LOVES it.

PatrioticSandra-You totally rock!
    I wish there were more parents like you-passing on patriotism to their children.

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    NOBODY NEEDS a FOREIGN language in MOST occupations in OUR country...EVERYBODY NEEDS ENGLISH, for ENGLISH is THE language of AMERICA...and, LIKE it or NOT, SPANISH IS a FOREIGN language!
    You have never lived in California have you? I could not find a job there because I was an English speaker. We need to have an amendment to our constitution making English the official and only language spoken here fast, before there are no English speakers left
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    NOBODY NEEDS a FOREIGN language in MOST occupations in OUR country...EVERYBODY NEEDS ENGLISH, for ENGLISH is THE language of AMERICA...and, LIKE it or NOT, SPANISH IS a FOREIGN language!
    You have never lived in California have you? I could not find a job there because I was an English speaker.
    We need to have an amendment to our constitution making English the official
    and only language spoken here fast, before there are no English speakers left
    There already is, it's just being overridden.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast