Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spanish still encouaged

español
    By Louis Nevear, New America Media

To get ahead in the US, aprenda español

Apr 09, 2007

NEW YORK – The more Latinos embrace speaking English and move away from Spanish, the greater the obstacles they encounter in their careers.

“If my husband speaks (broken) Spanish, it's cute,â€
    ------------------------

NOBODY NEEDS a FOREIGN language in MOST occupations in OUR country...EVERYBODY NEEDS ENGLISH, for ENGLISH is THE language of AMERICA...and, LIKE it or NOT, SPANISH IS a FOREIGN language!

What utter garbage!!! Anytime I heard them babbleing I walkby and say just loud enough...."Speak English!!"

This is so funny. Go to school and learn Spanish....

I just so needed this laugh this morning....

The Spanish taught in schools is Castillian Spanish. The Spanish coming across the border is a mix of Indian dialects, Portuguese, Spanish, English...

I had a patient brought in, obviously illegal, and evidently from deep in Mexico. Her SON who has evidently been over here for a while couldn't understand what she was saying!
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    What utter garbage!!! Anytime I heard them babbleing I walkby and say just loud enough...."Speak English!!"
    I just start singing AMERICA . AMERICA God Shed his grace on thee :P and not just loud enough for them but everyone around !!!!!
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    I just start singing AMERICA . AMERICA God Shed his grace on thee :P and not just loud enough for them but everyone around !!!!!
    Your dangerous girl.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Faye

This is so funny. Go to school and learn Spanish....

I just so needed this laugh this morning....

The Spanish taught in schools is Castillian Spanish. The Spanish coming across the border is a mix of Indian dialects, Portuguese, Spanish, English...

I had a patient brought in, obviously illegal, and evidently from deep in Mexico. Her SON who has evidently been over here for a while couldn't understand what she was saying!
    Maybe that wasn't her son as he/she claimed.
    ------------------------

We can retaliate.

Teach our kids to refuse to learn Spanish.
    ------------------------

Teach our kids to refuse to learn Spanish
    The problem with this is that in order to go to college our high school students have to have at least two years of a foreign language. They used to offer both French and Spanish in H.S. here but now they only offer Spanish.

I really don't think the Hispanics want us to be able to understand or speak Spanish. When they speak Spanish around us they are not just talking about the weather, many times they are insulting us and getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Your dangerous girl.
    Really I am but I don't care I am willing to die for this country period. My husband made me leave our Apple Festival this past year because I wouldn't shut up and I didn't shut up all the way to my fan which is covered with the United States Flag (s) ! :P I am very very Patriotic and everyone in my town can tell . I have also seen an increase in others flying Old Glory in all its Beauty Nothing makes me happier than to see Old Glory Flying Proudly and very very Highly !!!

Also, My daughter and both my sisters kids have refused to learn it, and its not like they have a chance for College I am not rich, and we are not illegal so theres no help for us. My daughter brought home all A's and B's this past report card but do you think anyone here in NC government cares about our True United States Citizens Nope my kids know they are in the fight of their lives here in this country , I am not going to let my kids ever forget this country is theirs !!!! EVER !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast