Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    I am bilingual and of Hispanic descent....I have witnessed and heard many "workers" in restaurant kitchens, retail help, and even domestic help laugh, ridicule, mock and make derogatory comments about their employers, customers and even passers-by...unbeknownst to them ....I understood it all. On several occassions I have responded in perfect Spanish to these insulting comments...just enough to let them be humiliated.....
    I don't know how they were raised (but can imagine) but to me that shows what cowards they are. I hear the same thing where I teach. The kids say stuff about teachers in Spanish. I always tell them what gutless cowards they are as I send them to the office. I don't know much Spanish, but I do know enough slang to recognize what they are saying.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I have Comcast for an internet provider. They have a Comcast Latino section. Usually there's poll there and sometimes articles I really want to read about. The cover page you can translate....but you can't translate a specific article....even if it's hollywood stuff. I can go anywhere else in the world and push my translate button and get something in English...even if it's a rough draft. Not there. I called and asked why....because I can translate ANY English article they post on my cover page to Spanish. They said they asked their Latino customers if they wanted that and they said no. That the article was "out there" somewhere if I wanted to read it and could just search elsewhere if I wanted it in English. The articles on their cover page are different than mine.....so it's not like I can easily scan Comcasts stuff and find it. It was the attitude that disturbed me and the fact even translations could be blocked. Unless they've changed it recently.....it's still the same. Like they don't want people to know what's going on and are using their language as a cover. Language.....the new racism.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PS. We are So Proud of her! She has been number one in class ratings from the start of middle school, all the way through High school (Class valedictorian), and carried that attitude though her college years. (It’s nice when something in life works out okay. )
    You should be proud of her....I just know there's too many who don't have the education, grades, or anything that are getting the jobs only because they speak Spanish.....and nothing else. They give asst. teachers jobs here that don't even have a high school diploma just because they speak Spanish.....then they have some joke of a test....just for them....to give them some certificate that says they can be a teaching assistant.....yet it's not the same for anyone else.......and they don't have to speak English either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wait a minute folks, and with all due respect!

But isn't all these “littleâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

[quote]Don’t we really need to say;
    “No Spanishâ€

LINGUISTIC racism is the NEW discrimination!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123