Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is because they know that they don't have to add English for us the legal American citizens. This just goes to show how much these people respect the American citizens while at the same time a lot of IDIOTS in this country make sure that they (the Spanish speaking) people who do not speak English are accommodated by making sure that they can press 2 for Spanish.Go to Mexico and you will find NOTHING printed in English for American citizens who don't speak their language. This is PANDERING AT ITS BEST. Its hard to believe that in order for some American citizens to get jobs in in some professions in their own country, they have to learn how to speak Spanish.

Remember the democratic politicians when they had there
    Get together on Spanish TV I tried very hard to find it in English
    It was like they did not care to let us the English speaking people in on what was being said. But I do remember they cheered allot
    And to think they were trying to become president of the United States of America – And the English speaking people were NOT allowed to hear what was being said right in front of there face

who should I write to see if they will should - be fair - about doing there broadcast in both english and spanish

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Its hard to believe that in order for some American citizens to get jobs in in some professions in their own country, they have to learn how to speak Spanish.
    My daughter graduates college next weekend, she will be a nurse. She got a job on her very first job interview. And at major University Medical Hospital (one of the pac-10 schools). That’s great right, but then what was her major selling point.

Her nursing degree?, …..No!
    Her grades?, ….No! (Although they were all A’s).
    Her school with its great background?, ….No!
    Her course of study?,…..No! (She will be an IC unit nurse.)

Her......... Never mind, her list of credentials goes on and on, and everything above helped, but what locked up the job is that her second major was Spanish.

(How do I tell you that I glad she though ahead and took Spanish, but at the same time say it makes me mad?)

PS. We are So Proud of her! She has been number one in class ratings from the start of middle school, all the way through High school (Class valedictorian), and carried that attitude though her college years. (It’s nice when something in life works out okay. )
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

My wife speaks Spanish and so dose 1 of my kids my wife is Mex/Tex and her family has lived in Texas -- well as long as Texas has been Texas . Learning Spanish is a good thing to do you should be proud of her.
    But I agree with you her ability to do a good job should be what got the job for her. And taking Spanish I bet was hard work she should be proud of her self. I have been around Spanish speaking people for well as long as I have been married 35 years and I still don’t really speak Spanish well.
    But English speaking people did broadcast in English and Spanish I remember when channel 11 or 8 out of Dallas Texas would state that Spanish speaking people could tune into a fm radio station where the news would be translated for them – the Spanish speaking community will not do this in return
    Shows you how they feel about it – I have to shut down the wind is getting rough out side we are having a storm bye

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The number of people who are in your position is smaller than the number of Latinos seeking to watch national network news broadcasts. I can catch most of it due to my studying Spanish in school. I too sometimes miss some point and can see the benefit of English captioning when I watch Univision or Azteca.
    I would like to watch their news. They show much more details and international items than the US News.

I'd also really really like to watch their novellas. They are very visually - uh - interesting.

They didn't even translate the Presidential debates though. That sucked.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Re: spanish TV News station. why do they not add english fo

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_2585_8538
    Our TV News station.

I wonder I know that movies and the news broadcasted in English are
    Redone so people who can not understand English can hear it in Spanish.
    I was watching the news on telemundo 29 and I saw they were doing a news story in Spanish of illegal immigrants crossing the border and the news anchor
    Was laughing. I wish I knew what they were saying. also I know it sounds dumb but it seems that channel 29 out of Dallas loves to splash color around there logo and the colors are the same color as the Mexican flag and they seems to carry more news about south America than the English speaking tv stations . I think more of us would be more aware if we were able to see and hear it in English . after all we converted our news to Spanish why not them converting there news to English …

My wife speaks Spanish and she says the Mexican channels like Telemundo, Univision etc are HORRIBLE and she refuses to even watch them.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

If 3 out of 12 local television stations in my area in America are Spanish, then they need to provide English translation.

It is discrimination.

I am over it.

It will be a cold day hell before I capitulate to Spanish speakers! As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a damn what Telemundo or Univision are yaking about! Spanish is, and always will be...a FOREIGN language, and I don't give a hoot about what any foreigner is talking about!!!! This is MY country...and if you don't speak English...don't bother me! Just IGNORE them...it will drive them crazy!!!

I am bilingual and of Hispanic descent....I have witnessed and heard many "workers" in restaurant kitchens, retail help, and even domestic help laugh, ridicule, mock and make derogatory comments about their employers, customers and even passers-by...unbeknownst to them ....I understood it all. On several occassions I have responded in perfect Spanish to these insulting comments...just enough to let them be humiliated.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast