Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Speaker Ryan says Trump and him have patched things up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speaker Ryan says Trump and him have patched things up

Speaker Ryan says Trump and him have patched things up

At odds during campaign, House Speaker Paul Ryan and President-elect Donald Trump are "fine" now and talk almost daily, Ryan tells Scott Pelley

The speaker of the House tells Scott Pelley he and President-elect Donald Trump have made up and speak on the phone nearly every day. On the campaign trail, the two were at odds. Speaker Ryan had called one of Trump’s statements racist and Trump dismissed him as ineffective and disloyal, but Ryan says the two are not looking back and are already working together. Ryan spoke to Pelley today in Washington in an interview to be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

An excerpt of that interview appeared on the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley. A transcript of it is below.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley

CBS NEWS
    Scott Pelley: You called Donald Trump a racist.

Paul Ryan: No, I didn’t. I said his comment was.

Scott Pelley: Well, I’m not sure there’s a great deal of daylight between those two definitions. But he definitely called you ineffective and disloyal. Have you patched it up?

Paul Ryan: Yeah, we have. We’re fine. We’re not looking back. We’re looking forward. We-- we actually-- we’ve had-- we-- like I said, we speak about every day. And it’s not about looking for-- back in the past. That’s behind us. We’re way beyond that.

Scott Pelley: Did you believe he could be nominated? Really?

Paul Ryan: Yeah, no, I didn’t see this one coming. He knows that. Donald Trump’s a very-- he was a very unconventional candidate. He’s going to be an unconventional president. What I like about it, in my, like I said, almost daily conversations, is he’s just a get-things-done kinda guy.

Scott Pelley: Have you told him being president is not being CEO of the United States, that the Congress is going to have a say?

Paul Ryan: Oh, we’ve talked about that extensively. We’ve talked about-- the Constitution, Article I on the Constitution, the separation of powers. He feels very strongly, actually, that-- that, under President Obama’s watch, he stripped a lot of power away from the Constitution, away from the Legislative Branch of government. And we want to reset the balance of power, so that people and the Constitution are rightfully restored.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...-scott-pelley/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I do not believe they have patched things up. They may be civil but their agendas are not the same on immigration and trade.

Paul Ryan has helped facilitate Obamas agenda and the fundamental transformation of America. He and the House did not hold back the funds where they were able to stop Obama. They worked harder against Donald Trump in the election than Obama and Clinton.

Ryan will most likely stand with Luis Gutierrez and Senator Lindsey Graham and other Republicans for some type of amnesty.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Donald Trump was on with Sean Hannity tonight. He said that he and Paul Ryan are close. I thought of the saying "you keep your friends close, your enemies closer". Others have referred to Ryan as "the snake" in the poem Donald Trump likes to read. We will see.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)