Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State-hired Firm's Illegal Staff Detained

"Fifty-five undocumented immigrants employed by a janitorial services company contracted to clean state government buildings in Tallahassee were detained over the weekend by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ICE announced on Wednesday.
    The foreign nationals picked up saturday - all from Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala - were employed by General Bujilding Maintenance Inc., a firm that provides janitorial services in several states, including Florida. ICE said the company had been contracted by the state.
    Company officials could not be reached for comment. Gov. Jeb Bush's press office said it would look into the matter before commenting.
    ICE said that of the 55, three face criminal prosecution - two for re-entering the United States after having been deported previously and a third for document fraud.
    Twenty-one others admitted to being illegally in the country and face imminent deportation, ICE said. The remainder, charged with violating immigration law, are in deportation proceedings."

Any government contract with outside companies should have a clause in the contract that ensures no illegals are hired by that company. It must also spell out what the consequence of hiring illegals would have on the company such as how much they will be fined or that the company would loose the contract and will not be able to rebid on any. The companies should be hit where it hurts the most - in the pocket book. When companies have to pay hefty fines or may loose their business, they will take twice.
    Something has to be done as this goes on all the time. In Miami there was a major construction project of a new concert hall and ICE showed up regularly and collected illegal immigrants. These sweeps occurred on a regular basis.
    I have a suggestion for this probelm. Just as they have crime stoppers where people can call in and remain anonymous, there should be one for illegal workers. We could call it illegals stoppers and if you work with them or know someone who hires them, call the number and it will be taken care of.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Are we to assume the janitorial services company didn't realize they had hired any illegal immigrants? Let's get real, the company had to at least suspect some of these folks were illegal. I say confiscate the company, sell off its assets, and throw the owner and managers responsible for hiring the illegals in jail. The proceeds acquired from the sell of the companies assets can be used to continue the fight against illegal immigration. It's time to get tough of employers of illegals.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The janitors for my company are most likely illegals from Mexico. They don't speak a word of English and they bring their children with them (who then run around all over the place and steal food out of our break room). I'd rant and rave to my H.R. person, but she'd probably accuse me of being racist and fire me.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

swatchick,

Don't forget to post links to your articles.

From what I've read of the immigrations laws. Everyone in the contract chain is guilty of a violation if illegals are found.