Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

STATE OF THE UNION TO BE GIVEN IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH

Official response to State of the Union speech to be given in Spanish
    It hasn't been unusual in recent years in the United States for presidential speeches and similar events to be broadcast with a simultaneous translation in Spanish. But tonight, for the first time, an official response to the presidential State of the Union address will be delivered in Spanish. Democratic Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, one the nation's two officially bilingual states, will give his speech on the Univision network. (The other bilingual state is Hawaii, which recognizes Hawaiian.)

This is an outrage at what point does the pandering stop?
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

The Hawaiian part doesn't bother me but the Spanish does. What next Hiliary Clinton doing it in one of the Chinese dialects. Give me a break. Our native language is English and should be the only one used. Their TV stations can translate for them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Traitor Bill Richardson will more than likely put his own spin on this whole thing and that's wrong. The television network "UNIVISION" is nothing but the spanish version of "Al Jazeera" if you understood spanish you would understand why I say this. They are going all out to defend the massive invasion of illegals. They make me sick.

You are right. I have heard from Spanish speakers that they are very pro illegals. One professor at the university said how they were reporting that these poor people can't even go to work if they hear rumors of or at times ICE is conducting its raids. Obviously they want ratings and therefore don't get the word ILLEGAL.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHAT THAT ...
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

What--don't Latin American countries enforce their immigration laws? Do they have open borders? I know Mexico enforces its immigration laws very vigorously. What hypocrites.

They are only doing what Fidel Castro did..... getting rid of the criminals and other undesirables. This just has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    The Hawaiian part doesn't bother me but the Spanish does. What next Hiliary Clinton doing it in one of the Chinese dialects. Give me a break. Our native language is English and should be the only one used. Their TV stations can translate for them.
    It doesn't bother me either since Hawaii is a part of the United States. Mexico on the other hand is determined to cram its illegal alien criminal element down our throats along with their corrupt culture and Spanish. Bill Richardson sickens me with his "bilingual state" and raza loyalties. I have to admit that he does provide a comedic form of entertainment just by continually stating that he is not pandering for the hispanic vote. I guess he doesn't realize that since he's lost weight he is no longer capable of riding two donkeys with one ass.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

April
    WhatMattersMost wrote;

I guess he doesn't realize that since he's lost weight he is no longer capable of riding two donkeys with one ass.

Re: STATE OF THE UNION TO BE GIVEN IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Official response to State of the Union speech to be given in Spanish
    It hasn't been unusual in recent years in the United States for presidential speeches and similar events to be broadcast with a simultaneous translation in Spanish. But tonight, for the first time, an official response to the presidential State of the Union address will be delivered in Spanish. Democratic Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, one the nation's two officially bilingual states, will give his speech on the Univision network. (The other bilingual state is Hawaii, which recognizes Hawaiian.)

This is an outrage at what point does the pandering stop?
    I think it is dead wrong! An official response should be in English and that's it.

I do not disagree with translations, in any language. I lived in Germany for 1 year and I used to watch CNN. It was the only english TV news available to me, that fit my budget.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast