Thread: State's Rights

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State's Rights

In listening to people talk about the impact various groups of illegal aliens have had on their local communities, it seems to me there are only a handful of states that are having to shoulder most of the burden (both socially and financially). I wish there was some way that each state would have the right to declare just how many immigrants, and of what kind (i.e. skilled worker, unskilled, family assoc only, etc) their individual states could accommodate. While federal tax dollars do indeed go to support these people on various levels, some states are having to pick up a disproportionate share of the costs. And what is a state to do when the number of people receiving assistance outnumbers citizens whose tax dollars pay for that assistance? Then what? It is not unfathomable to soon see some states becoming nearly wholly welfare states as their competent population leaves because of the costs of supporting these people.

look at the hospitals that have closed because they went bankrupt because of indigent care. Education and its cost is also affected.

the federal government won't even give states the funds to house illegals but it provided for the 'guest worker' program.

there is a lot that can and should be done on a state level -- first and foremost, vote out the traitors that back day labor sites and sanctuary laws.

the problem I'm having is no one (state officials) seems to care. One day they might wish they had listened
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Ya.....you would think......but that requires a brain and lord knows that's not a requirement anymore.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the states don't have any voice in what the federal government does BUT Mexico does

"Federal, state and local representatives in the United States shall consult with their counterparts in Mexico concerning the construction of additional fencing and related border security structures before the commencement of any such construction."
    do you think this MIGHT wake up the states?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"