Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steps to Report Illegal Immigrants?

Greetings.

I would like to take an active part in rooting out illegal immigrants--wether they come from Mexico, China, Iceland, etc... I am, however, uneducated as to what the average citizen can do. Therefore, I have a few questions:

1. Can we, as non-law enforcement individuals, request/demand companies provide documentation as to the "legal to work here" status of its employees? This would be particularly useful for day-work centers.

2. Can we, as non-law enforcement individuals, walk up to someone and request their documentation? If they refuse, can we post information about this individual (photo, name, location) on a public-access site?

3. What limitations, if any, prohibit an individual from publicly exposing companies who hire illegal immigrants?

I appreciate any advice...

(side note) I would be willing to set up a website for individuals in Colorado wishing to participate in a citizen-led anti-illegal-immigration intelligence group. Let me know if anyone would like to do this...
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

That's a good question, but here there told NOT TO ENFORCE any laws against them. Nice hugh?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Citizen's Arrest

You need to look into the rules governing citizen's arrest. It is most common used, when a citizen or citizens capture a criminal. Police are then called and the citizen turns the captive over to law enforcement.

Example, serial killer Richard Ramirez (wonder if he was an illegal or a son of one) The "Night Stalker" was chased down and captured by a mob of citizens. http://website.lineone.net/~tymaloney/remirez.htm

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll suggest you explore other methods of reporting illegals before you start looking at citizen arrests.

So right

John,

Your right! No way would I do it. I'm too much of a chicken to put my hands on anyone. Never know what kinds of weapons they carry.

However, I'm not above tricking them into comming to a warehouse, for free immigration law advice, and locking the door and waiting on INS.

Dixie

Looks like I'll need to clarify--

I'm not intending to take such measures as citizens' arrests--there's too much liability involved; among other things. As John said, I want to explore the "other measures".

I want to set up a public forum that actively questions/surveils (think of it as investigative reporting) companies and individuals who are hiring illegal immigrants or are illegal immigrants themselves.

Example 1: I ask someone to provide documentation that they are here legally. If they refuse to answer, or cannot provide documentation, I would go about my merry way. I would, however, post an entry on the website to the effect of: "Person X: Possible Illegal Immigrant. Seen @ X time at X location working for X company."

Example 2: I ask a company, i.e. "John Smith's Landscaping" to provide documentation regarding their workers legal status. If they refuse, I would make an entry on the website similar to what I have done above.

Hopefully, this clarifies my intents...
    -Dave
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

I think the answer is to find some layers that will start litigation against some company and we may get a precedent that would allow us to take on other larger companies ... sue for the cost of the local health care ... education ... etc ...

I would be very ... very careful what you do and say about a person ... he may be setting YOU up ... for legal action ... just be careful
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

I'm watching this conversation and Im waiting for one of our seasoned activists here to say the right thing and point out the resources we have worked so hard to provide. Tick tick tick tick...

W

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Citizens Arrest will get you arrested. Even in non-immigration cases it's not recommended since private citizens don't have the legal protection of the police (besides that some illegal can knife your or worse).

Some civil liberties group will sue you demanding that the illegals have the right to break our laws.

Visit our ALI-PAC Action Panel for all of our resources on reporting illegals. Some of the best ones are the ICE DHS Free Tipline (you don't need to leave your name) 1866DHS2ICE and wehirealiens.com (a john's list for illegal alien employers).

The action panel can be found at:
    https://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Conte ... age&pid=19
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Re: Steps to Report Illegal Immigrants?

Quote Originally Posted by tk422
    I would like to take an active part in rooting out illegal immigrants-
    I would also like to take part in this. It reminds me of a situation from a couple years ago when I was woken up by the sound of nail guns and grown men singing in spanish at the top of their lungs at 7:30 in the morning (my work hours were from 1:30 PM to 10:30 PM, so that was my sleep time). I called the police to complain about noise polution/disturbance. The police sent out a local cop to come knock on my door and explain to me that he could do nothing about it since city ordinance allowed for work-related noise to pursue after 7:00 AM. I told the police officer that I suspected that the workers were illegal immigrants, who should be arrested and possibly deported. The police officer told me that he could not do anything about it legally because they were working and therefore legally protected as "undocumented workers".

How is that for a dysfunctional system? A legal citizen cannot rest because illegal immigrants are protected by law to be obnoxiously loud. Not only that, but if I complain, my rest is interrupted again by the police. I pay the police to serve and protect me, yet they disturb me while serving and protecting illegals.

I am very ready to take part in enforcing work laws relating to immigration!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast