Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sticks and Stones at Arizona - Mexico Border

Thu12Apr2007Sticks and Stones at Arizona - Mexico Border
    10:36 H | Topics: Arizona - Immigration - Internet - Mexico

Reading the headline of a recent article posted on the CBS Evening News website might lead one to envision scores of armed Mexicans shooting Border Patrol Agents. The headline alarmingly reads:Border Patrol Agents Under Attack Violence Against Agents In Yuma, Ariz. Up To 154 In First Six Months Of Fiscal Year. Reading further though, the weapons being used to "attack" are revealed as rocks.

Along the desert stretch where Arizona and Mexico meet, there's more flying in the air than just dust. There are rocks flying back and forth toward the border agents, CBS News correspondent Kelly Cobiella reports.
    It's part of a nightly bombardment of Border Patrol vehicles and agents all along the southwestern border.

Of course getting hit with a rock has its potential consequences but don't Border Patrol Agents have guns. Does this
    accurately represents the locus of border violence?

Border Patrol isn't the only armed party on the Arizona - Mexico border. Vigilante/Citizen organizations with names like The American Patrol , Minutemen and Ranch Rescue are armed, following in the footsteps of Klu Klux Klan border patrols from the 1970's. Since at least 2002 unidentified "concerned citizens" have shot upon immigrants crossing the U.S. - Arizona border, killing many, some at close range, while U.S. law enforcement turns a blind eye. When these groups aren't actually shooting, they are pointing their guns at immigrants, including children. To paraphrase a quote from Gen. Philip Sheridan during the U.S. genocide of Native People , the only good immigrant is a dead immigrant".

The CBS article goes so far as to quote a senior patrol agent likening immigrants crossing to terrorists, not a new comparison, but one that remains offensive and racist at its core.

When the mainstream news continues to paint such a distorted view of power surrounding the immigration issue and as long as people continue to lap it up without question or resource, there remains little hope for an easy legal solution to the plight of those trying to make a better life for themselves in an unequal world.

Via / CBS, Colorado Progressive Coalition, ADL, Southern Poverty Law Center

http://vivirlatino.com/2007/04/12/stick ... border.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sticks and stones

I always enjoy truthful, balanced news stories.......
    TOO BAD THIS IS NOT.

Yes, agents have guns, but will be jailed if they use them, especially against rock throwers. Any reporters at CBS ever been hit by a baseball sized rock?

If the Minutemen or American Border Patrol had killed anyone, they would be forced to leave. The Mexican Government is waiting for an incident to occur, and I think the rock throwers are trying to provoke a response for news coverage like this nonsense.

Comparing the kkk to the American Patriots guarding the border is an insult.

Re: Sticks and stones

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123

Comparing the kkk to the American Patriots guarding the border is an insult.
    Texan, you got that right! I also find it insulting that OBL's compare the fence to the Berlin wall.
    These idiots need to re-learn their history. The Berlin wall was meant to keep people in, not from coming in.
    But as we all know, pulling the race card is their biggest card in their deck.
    The time for them to fold is coming soon!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

This guy says citizens are killing illegal crossers at close range? Is he kidding. How can he get away with saying that. Has anyone heard anything like that?

I tried to post a comment on the site, but wasn't able to after a few tries. I just asked for evidence of those so-called killings by citizens.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

What a bunch of horse pukey!
    Where do they come up with stuff like this?
    I'd like to see some facts back this one up.
    Murder is murder and Law Enforsement investigates them all and will send anyone to jail for killing an illegal.
    I'd like to this guy stand out there and let people throw rocks at him, the first time he gets hit in the head and is on the ground I bet he will be wishing he had a gun in his hand, if he is still awake that is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This has been going on for some time now. The most bizarre incident I have heard is when the agents were trying to save an illegal who fell into a canal and his homies were throwing rocks at the agents, so the rescue was aborted. The illegal got out and they of course ran back South.

Ain't that just the _____?

They have also been known to throw rocks at helicopter blades and attempt to run down Marines and their vehicles on the local ranges.
    RDR

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    This has been going on for some time now. The most bizarre incident I have heard is when the agents were trying to save an illegal who fell into a canal and his homies were throwing rocks at the agents, so the rescue was aborted. The illegal got out and they of course ran back South.

Ain't that just the _____?

They have also been known to throw rocks at helicopter blades and attempt to run down Marines and their vehicles on the local ranges.
    That's very interesting, do you have any articles you could post about them attacking the Marines?
    Sounds like attempted murder to me or possibley a terrorist act.