Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

STOLEN CAR CHASED, DRIVER CRASHES : ESCONDIDO

Stolen car chased, driver crashes

By: North County Times -
    January 23, 2007

NORTH COUNTY -- A stolen car chase that started early Friday in Escondido ended in a crash in Carlsbad and the arrest of a suspected illegal immigrant, authorities said.

They said an immigration hold was placed on Jose M. Hernandez, 19, at the Vista jail.

Hernandez was booked on suspicion of auto theft, evading arrest, felon in possession of a loaded firearm, carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle, and driving under the influence of drugs, according to officials.

Sheriff's Lt. William Donahue said the pursuit began when Escondido police started chasing a stolen 1992 Honda about 2:30 a.m. The pursuit shot into San Marcos, where deputies took over.

Traveling at high speed at times, Donahue said, the car careened into Carlsbad. Carlsbad police set out a spike strip to flatten the Honda's tires at El Camino Real and Cannon Road. The car slammed into a cement barrier at Carlsbad Village Drive and Chatham Road, the lieutenant said.

Donahue said no one was hurt, and Hernandez was taken into custody without further incident.

http://link.toolbot.com/nctimes.com/56454

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

Danny wrote on January 23, 2007 12:22 AM:"A illegal immigrant, booked on suspicion of auto theft, evading arrest, felon in possession of a loaded firearm, carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle, and driving under the influence of drugs.... why am i not suprised?"

More of the same... wrote on January 23, 2007 2:15 AM:"How did they know he was illegal? Police do not have the means of checking the status of illegal immagrant. My wife is a police officer and she has been told not to even ask people she encounters on a daily basis their resident status. Its a shame that only when an illegal commits a major crime, that they are "found" to be illegal. Everyday, my wife pulls over a car, the person cannot produce a license, registration or even insurance...all she can do is ticket them and tow the car. A few times she has responded to an accident where an unlicensed drive is at fault. She tickets them and tows the car...usually the person who has been hit asks "why arent they being arrested" her only response is "because they didnt commit a crime". Talk about her hands being tied!!!! Homeland Insecurity is what it should be called. People are complaining about wire tapping when our entire souther boarder is wide open. Eventually the do-nothing politicians will get bit in the butt over the lack of border security. America is quickly becoming Mexico....and Mexico is not where I want to live"

Adam wrote on January 23, 2007 7:10 AM:"Re: an immigration hold was placed on Jose M. Hernandez, 19, at the Vista jail. >>>> Gee another Illegal Alien. Now that is a surprise. Where is Tina when you need her? "

bryan wrote on January 23, 2007 8:47 AM:"Illegals are only here to do the jobs that US citizens wont do. To think that theres 30 million illegals in the US and well over half are like this guy. Again 30% of prison population are illegals and most have been arrested on average 6 times. This is why are taxes keep going up and every year Arnold the traitor wants more bonds to pay for services. Now he wants health care for illegals. "

esteban wrote on January 23, 2007 8:48 AM:"Are you reading this Tina?!?!??! What a travesty!!!!! Somebody please help this poor immigrant from the evil clutches of the US gov't."

Speechless wrote on January 23, 2007 10:27 AM:"Get ready for more ... Bush and the dems will pass their "comprehensive" reform - that means pass a bill and fund or enforce as desired ... sigh .."

LAMESAJOE wrote on January 23, 2007 11:35 AM:"ANARCHY IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR CHEAP TOMATOES!"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Vehicle crashes at I-15 offramp

By: North County Times -
    January 20, 2007

FALLBROOK ---- A vehicle crashed Saturday at the southbound Interstate 15 exit for Mission Road and everyone inside the vehicle got out and ran, a California Highway Patrol officer said.

The vehicle was initially driving north on I-15 and a U.S. Border Patrol vehicle was behind it, CHP Officer Anthony Florez said. The driver took an exit at Rainbow and got back on the freeway going south, he said. This maneuver attracted the Border Patrol agent's attention and the agent followed it south, he said.

The driver of the vehicle then took the Mission Road exit going too fast, ran a stop sign and struck a guardrail about 5:15 p.m., Florez said. Everyone inside got out and ran, he said.

Agents took one person into custody, but it was unclear whether the person was arrested.

Florez said the CHP was investigating the crash and that the driver might be injured because the windshield was cracked where the driver's head would have hit. A sheriff's helicopter searched from above but was unable to find the driver or passengers, he said.

Further details were unavailable.

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

Skip wrote on January 21, 2007 12:40 PM:"LOL Signs of the times, it will keep going on just like this, until American citizens are hurt or killed."

Araceli wrote on January 23, 2007 9:51 AM:"This is what happens when the border patrol chases people in cars like they are a bunch of cattle! they intimidate these poor innocent people and this is what they cause! LEAVE US ALONE!"

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... _20_07.txt

Notice how the comments are all along the lines of "what a surprise" or "nothing new here", because that is exactly the case, this happens every single day of the week, month and year. Most of these people have either had their cars stolen or know someone else who does. San Diego County is the ATM, WIC outlet, hospital and free car center for all of Northern Mexico.

And what will happen to this scum? Probably nothing, he will plea down to a lesser single charge, having all his other charges droppped, serve a few months in a warm cell, get three squares a day, get strong lifting weights, maybe get his teeth fixed, get treated for any medical ailments and learn a bunch of new crime tricks of the trade from the other Mexicans in custody. So when he is released and (hopefully) deported back to Mexico he will be strong, well rested and refreshed to do it all over again.

My own truck was stolen by an illegal Mexican, and the SDPD did nothing to find this guy, although they found a wallet with several Mexican and CA I.D.s, tools and items covered in fingerprints, etc. inside. They did nothing more than file a report, which they no doubt stored in the circular file cabinet. They found it in the Barrio Logan area of East San Diego stripped down and rebuilt, with all my expensive custom parts all removed of course, replaced by crap parts, including the top half of the engine, the custom hard-wood carved dash board, complete carpet kit and shell on the back, stereo, big tires and chrome rims, everything of saleable value, then spray painted to disguise it with spray paint cans, complete with runs and drips. They even made a fake Mexican license plate out of yellow styrofoam, with green magic markers for lettering.

So even with the wallet and I.D.s, fingerprints. etc., the police did nothing but take a report. When I asked the officer what will they do next to find this creep, he said nothing, they have too many auto thefts by Mexican Nationals, they would spend all their time tracking down car theifs and they are probably in Mexico anyway, so why bother. So what does this tell members of these car theft rings? The only way you will ever go to jail is if they catch you red handed or after a crash, like this clown. So the car theft rings just go about their business with impunity, knowing the SDPD will do nothing to try to track them down and make them pay.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Stolen car chased, driver crashes

Syl wrote on January 23, 2007 12:30 PM:"RE : "auto theft, evading arrest, felon in possession of a loaded firearm, carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle, and driving under the influence of drugs". Gee I wonder if (those charges are) enough to deport him, or will they just let him go if he promises to appear for his trial."

Skip wrote on January 23, 2007 12:32 PM:"I drive a 1992 Honda Accord, and there is no way I would ever park it or leave it unattended in the city of Escondido. Hondas make up 4 out of 5 top stolen cars in North County."

john wrote on January 23, 2007 5:22 PM:"Hea skip? why would anyone buy a Honda Accord and park it in Escondido? that would be like parking an Impala in South Central LA without an armed Gaurd. LOL."

John wrote on January 23, 2007 5:25 PM:"This story shouldnt supprise anyone in this town.Maby the Police got the pleasure of putting some lumps on the guys head before locking him up.A little pre-justice justice.Weres El Gropeo hideing?"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... _22_07.txt