Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stolen cars going to Mexico...

I've seen this issue reported on this board before, and I have a new story for you all.

Before I start, I'll back up with an explanation of what I am talking about. There is some kind of organized business of "acquiring" cars in the U.S. and taking them to Mexico to sell. Living in Houston, TX I see this quite often due to Highway 59, which cuts straight through town headed out to Victoria and on the way to Mexico. It's the quickest and easiest route. I have seen as many as 6 trucks in a row, each towing a car or truck with no license plate and the words, "IN TOW" painted on the back window.

Okay... so this past weekend I was traveling down Highway 59 (known in town as the Southwest Freeway). During my short drive I noticed two school buses on the side of the road. Each bus had all of the seats removed from the inside, which were replaced by two cars each (one was a minivan). The seats for the buses were jammed inside the beds of a total of four pick-up trucks, two being towed by each bus. And of course, the words, "IN TOW" were painted on the back windows of the trucks, no license plates visible.

The good news is these school buses were on the side of the highway because two cops had pulled them over. My first thought was that the cops had probably just pulled them over within the past two minutes. I thought this because you KNOW they'd be calling more cops (even though there was a total of two drivers) if for no other reason than to take a look at this wild catch.

Another job Americans won't do?
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

I bet those cops were laughing in the squad room over that!.

bad,

You mean they had two cars inside the bus and were towing two trucks per bus. That's wild!
    That's one way to save gas, a land ferry to Mexico.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    Another job Americans won't do?
    LOL, that reminds me. Last week, one of my classmates commented on how she noticed that the only people cleaning the tables in the food court at the mall were hispanic women who could not speak English. I could tell she was not very educated about our illegal immigration crisis because her only concern seemed to be why couldn't a black person or a high school kid do the same job. I wanted to tell her that the people she mentioned would not take the job because it probably pays something like $2.50/hr.

Bottom line is that there is no job that Americans won't do, but there is a pay rate that most Americans won't accept. Straighten that out and the supposed job that Americans won't do will mysteriously disappear.

Dixie, yes that was a clever way to save gas. However, I believe it was also very unsafe. I can only image the nightmare of trying to gas up at the next stop.

Too bad they weren't taking some of the junk cars from my town to Mexico. The illegals around here sure hate to get rid of their junkers and they are sitting in yards and on streets all over town. I'm wondering if the car salesmen told them to sign on the line so that they could drive new vehicles.

True story-my husband asked a Korean newcomer to our town how he could afford a new truck on their wages. The newcomer said that the salesman told him to sign on the line and that the truck was his.

I noticed something like this just this weekend.

We were going to our home in Central Texas, travelling down I-35 toward Dallas. You know how you can just tell when cars are travelling together because they make the same lane changes, etc.? We saw this pick up and a couple of mini vans. We passed the pickup, it had Michigan plates. It had a camper shell and was stuffed full of household things. I could see some blankets sleeping bags, an electric fan---.

When we actually passed this caravan, we noticed neither of the mini-vans had license plates - front nor back - and both had 'in tow' written on the back and side windows.

I was outraged that they had no plates - and weren't being stopped. I never thought about their being stolen.

When we got into Dallas, we passed a large pickup with no license plates - front or back. In the place was a piece of neon paper - it wasn't a temp license or dealer's license. That much I could see - but could only read part of it.

These were all Mexicans - or Hispanic men - can't know for sure of their legal status - just have to guess.

We just figured a law was passed that illegals didn't need license plates.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh nntrixie, I'm noticing that being done by illegals in Florida too !!

I'm under the apparently WRONG impression that a vehicle cannot be on a road or highway without something OFFICIAL registering it to something or someone. Where did I ever get that idea, not to mention to take that rule or law seriously.

I see cars, trucks, vans driving with nothing on them...but a few weeks ago driving through the busy, packed streets of Ft. Lauderdale I saw a van packed to the gills with illegals driving about a year or two old pick up truck and there was a sign on the back window that said: "Transport 020".

I said, GIVE ME A BREAK !!! "Transport 020", they had clearly placed it in the rear window of the truck to make it look like they were official.

There is no official tag or registration that says "Transport 020". I said to my kids, "Look at that !! What will they think of next !!"

I'd like to start making up some papers and signs for my own life. For example on my bills, I think I"ll write "Moved To Mexico".

I've seen a lot of cars from Mexico lately in Fort Worth. They are starting to move around. I just can't tell if they are leaving or coming to stay. Looks like the later. It's like the last chance crowd. However, I've seen the Mexican bus service loaded with passengers with boxes of stuff, returning to Mexico. On one street in my neighborhood, every other block has a house previously occupied by Hispanics for sale and many have had garage sales.

Dixie

I saw this a great deal, as far back as 7 or 8 years ago when I lived in Texas. We would go down to a bordertown and visit the market to get cheap vanilla beans (I know that sounds strange, but vanilla is expensive here). On the way SO MANY of the "in tow" cars would be on the highways it was ridiculous. Particularly headed to Matamoros. Never saw as many going to Nuevo Laredo and other towns. Some were nice, some weren't, but there were notorious "rings" known to steal and haul them down south of the border. Seldom did I see them pulled over back then.

I'm under the apparently WRONG impression that a vehicle cannot be on a road or highway without something OFFICIAL registering it to something or someone. Where did I ever get that idea, not to mention to take that rule or law seriously.
    I always wondered the same thing.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast