Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stop Obama's S. 2433: Global Poverty Act of 2007

I am not sure when this is up for debate, but we need to fight this Global Tax. As an American, I am not willing to pay taxes to solve the poverty issues of other nations. We have been more generous than any other nation and enough is enough. Most Americans are going to be part of the poverty problem if they don't stop taxing us so much.

S. 2433: Global Poverty Act of 2007
    Bill Status
    Introduced: Dec 7, 2007
    Sponsor: Sen. Barack Obama [D-IL]
    Go to Bill Status Page

Use the View which version? panel on the left to view the different versions of this bill available on its way to becoming law. You are viewing the following version of this bill:

Reported in Senate: This is the text of the bill after coming out of committee in the Senate.
    Colorized Changes
    Key:
    Removed Text
    Changed Text
    Inserted Text

Colors show changes between the following two versions of this bill:

* Introduced in Senate: This is the original text of the bill as it was written by its sponsor and submitted to the House for consideration.
    * Reported in Senate: This is the text of the bill after coming out of committee in the Senate.

(Hide Colorized Changes)
    Text of Legislation

S 2433 RS

Calendar No. 718

110th CONGRESS

2d Session

S. 2433

â†
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

We have been more generous than any other nation and enough is enough.
    Damn right.

The United Nations Millennium Development Goals include the goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, that live on less than $1 per day, cutting in half the proportion of people suffering from hunger and unable to access safe drinking water and sanitation, reducing child mortality by two-thirds, ensuring basic education for all children, and reversing the spread of HIV/AIDS and malaria, while sustaining the environment upon which human life depends.
    And they do virtually nothing to promote liberty or justice.

(10) At the United Nations World Summit in September 2005, the United States joined more than 180 other governments in reiterating their commitment to achieve theUnited Nations Millennium Development Goals by 2015
    And we will make the biggest financial contribution, of course, yet shoulder the greatest blame.
    Plus this will create an expensive bureaucracy in order to meet the other requirements.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No More! Millions upon Millions of OUR dollars have been sent to these corrupt countries for decades and what's happened? Goes right into the government officials pockets! Let the poor rise up and overthrow their corrupt government officials and take back their countries. The US should stay out of it and NO MONEY!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I am not sure when this is up for debate, but we need to fight this Global Tax. As an American, I am not willing to pay taxes to solve the poverty issues of other nations. We have been more generous than any other nation and enough is enough. Most Americans are going to be part of the poverty problem if they don't stop taxing us so much.
    We already sent alot of our taxes to these countries. There's so darn many organizations out there and people trying to help and in each and every one of these countries there's some government official that makes sure the people who need it never get it while they are living the life of a king.

I read something the other day somewhere about China leasing land in other countries to farm to keep up with their orders. If they can lease land for that, then why can't those countries do it themselves to support their people? I understand we have weather related problems and acts of God that happen....but come on.....these countries need to start finding some answers to their own problems instead of expecting us to fix it. Mexico has wealth but they won't do anything with it, and they don't want foreign investors to help either.....so stick your hand back in your pocket and quit expecting hand-outs or expecting other countries to take care of your poor because you don't want to work together. I mean do they actually want to fix something or just keep dumping money at countries who don't get it to the people who need it.

I've been hearing this since I was a little girl and billions and billions and billions have been given and not 1 thing has gotten better.

Not to mention we haven't licked poverty here.....can't go sticking your nose in somebody elses business when you haven't fixed your own problems.

The Global Warming/Climate Change scare is part of this. Created for the very reason to further implement the "Global Tax."

Are these morons living in Alice in Wonderland?!

Best thing we as Americans could ever do would be to Exit the UN. That move alone would save our Sovereignty and enable America to get back to government for the people.
    As i've posted before .obama's popularity rides on this bill lining the pockets of the Elites .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*