Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suggestions needed--- help me fight my HOA

I have initiated some emails to my HOA over concern that the landscaping company my subdivision uses. I am almost positive they are illegals--when I asked one of them about a seasonal service I needed, I could not communicate with them, and they actually looked frightened because I drive a big white 12 passenger van. So I called my HOA office to ask if they knew about their legal status and if my HOA dues are going to fund a suspected illegal activity. The woman had some experience with this due to her previous job, so she really understood where I was coming from. She knew the owner was legal, but she wasn't sure about the rest (there's a surprise).

Here were my main points:

-My HOA dues go to pay for suspected illegal activity
    -I do not know if these workers are sex offenders (no registry for illegal sex offenders)
    -I do not know if they are wanted criminals
    -I do not appreciate the fact that they are mowing right outside the school when students (incl my own) are getting out, this is not safe due to the above reasons.
    -I fear for a possible lawsuit against the HOA for conducting criminal activity, which would result in higher fees for me and my neighbors. Say a child were hit by one of these persons and it were discovered that the HOA knew the company hired illegals. Couldn't the parents sue both the landscaper and the HOA?
    -The HOA company is not doing the residents a favor by turning a blind eye by not informing them of these possibilities.
    -the landscaping company owner is just trying to line his pockets more by hiring illegals
    -my purse was stolen last month, I was one of 15 people the gang members victimized. The detective said I was not random, that they knew someone who told them to come to our upscale neighborhood, but they would not name them. How do I know this is not one of the gardeners (I know, innocent until proven guilty)?

The saddest part is that the man who began this subdivisiondid not hire illegals to build his homes and he was proud of that. The sales office offered this info to me as did some neighbors.

There are some legal immigrant families in this housing development. Some of these families are Russian and hispanic legal immigrants, they may have sympathy for the gardeners. I am hoping the opposite is true, I hope they are angry that they had to do things the right way while others get a free ride.

My state is very conservative, has laws that deter illegals. The governor is trying to get all businesses to use the E Verify system, I have been pushing him to make it mandatory, but we have alot of potatoes/produce up here and the farm companies (right down to the seed companies) are dead set against this.

My husband is thinking I am looking for a needle in a haystack, that it is too big a problem for anyone to do anything about, although he supports me and agrees with me. The HOA lady said the same thing. I basically told her her complacency is just another example of how Americans whine and complain about something but do not stand up for it.

Despite the conservativeness of the area, the news paper is totally biased and liberal in alot of ways. They will often censor remarks. I feel they may not want to help me if this becomes a big deal. I know of 5 landscaping companies that have large hispanic crews that did not before this last year. I actually called one of them (you have to blow out your sprinkler lines out here )and asked if they hired illegals and there was the biggest pause on the phone. I told him how awful that was and hung up. There are many american gardeners still out here, and with the biggest homebuilders in the area in a giant slump, I think the workers have gone from the construction site to the lawn scene. Many Idahoans boycott these cheap built/cheap labor home builders. One builder's foreman was fined for bringing people over the border. I would love nothing more than to picket a subdivision that hires illegal gardeners with a sign that says "Your HOA is funding illegal activity", I don't know that the residents know about it.

Anything else anyone would like to point out to me before I meet with the HOA? Any suggestions? Can the landscaper sue me for anything such as slander? Am I nuts for doing this?

Wow I wish I had some ideas for ya...but HOA's are like Nazi...is what I have heard....they hold all the cards...so to speak
    Call ICE
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

1- If any Hispanic is driving, get the license plate number and check with DMV, that will let you know if the owner of the vehicle is illegal.
    2- Count the number of illegals working, attempt to get a business insurance certificate from the owner, contact his insurance company to see if all of his workers are insured, if not that is insurance fraud.
    3- Go to the umemployment office and see if the owner is paying unemployment taxes, if not they are illegal.
    4- Go to the tax office and do the same thing, if he isn't paying taxes then they are illegal.

I reported my HOA to ICE

First I put the info on the HOA web site. No response from residents or management. I took pictures of the landscaping people. I speak Spanish so I asked them about the home country. They are illegal workers. This ICE report was several month ago and the same people are still working here. The HOA is not active during the Summer. This is South Florida and the majority of residents go North. The management company hired the landscapers. However, the HOA should make a demand for legal workers. I have the issue on the agenda for Nov. when residents return.

I don't know how it works in your neighborhood, but I know someone that got fed up and worked her way up in the HOA till she ran it then made lots of changes. something to consider;;;
    "We are being destroyed from within"

You may also notify the IRS and the Social Security Fraud Divisions to report the employer.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would call the police the next time you see them and tell them that they are eyeing your property and your wife. The illegals across the street from me just stand in the yard and stare at me everytime I move in my yard. It really scares me. If my sons or my husband is out there you don't see them. These people are snakes. I am telling you if they think they can come back and rob you they will in a minute.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

loneprotester brought up some good ideas of things you could do.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1- If any Hispanic is driving, get the license plate number and check with DMV, that will let you know if the owner of the vehicle is illegal.
    2- Count the number of illegals working, attempt to get a business insurance certificate from the owner, contact his insurance company to see if all of his workers are insured, if not that is insurance fraud.
    3- Go to the umemployment office and see if the owner is paying unemployment taxes, if not they are illegal.
    4- Go to the tax office and do the same thing, if he isn't paying taxes then they are illegal.
    These are fundemantals for any investigation and everyone has access to the public info. USE THESE RESOURCES! If you can, get other like-minded citizens involved and each of you start appearing in person at the unemployment and tax offices on a routine basis.Trust me, your inquiries WILL get noticed, and that is potentially a good thing!

Try to remember that not all illegals are Hispanic and avoid racial profiling. True enough, they are far-and-away the largest ethnic group here illegally, but not every Hispanic looking person is an illegal alien. Don't fall victim to racial attitudes....stick to the fundamentals and respect everyone until you discover they deserve otherwise.

Try talking to the gardeners ask them where they are from? are they here legally? etc...My experince is 99% of the time they'll tell you if you ask, I'm here from X illegally.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast