Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    pattyk,
    Hispanic Heritage Month is the period when people recognize the contributions of Hispanic Americans to the United States and to celebrate Hispanic heritage and culture. The observation started in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week was approved by President Lyndon Johnson and was expanded by President Ronald Reagan in 1988 to cover a 30-day period starting on September 15 and ending on October 15. It was enacted into law on August 17, 1988 on the approval of Public Law 100-402.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_H ... tage_Month

What is astouding about this ,is if you read more of the article it mentions the Spanish and their exploration in this part of the continent.
    That is crazy, especially considering that Spaniards are not considered hispanic, and don't identify with the term. AND La Raza types tend to hate Spaniards as much as they hate Americans.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    So do they celebrate the 4th of July in those countries? DOUBT IT!
    Wishing to pay special tribute to the Hispanic tradition, and having in mind the fact that our five Central American neighbors celebrate their Independence Day on the fifteenth of September and the Republic of Mexico on the sixteenth, the Congress by House Joint Resolution 1299, has requested the President to issue annually a proclamation designating the week including September 15 and 16 as National Hispanic Heritage Week.
    http://www.loc.gov/law/help/commemorati ... ritage.php
    So are we allowed to wear American flag shirts this month
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

They will lose more viewers than they gain, since most Spanish speaking people prefer Soccer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep, I immediately turned the game off once I saw this BS!! I'm sorry, but shouldn't they KNOW English to where all of this spanish crap is unnecessary? I could have sworn that our forefathers were trying to avoid these situations? Let me guess, Bush and all the other republicans that want amnesty are A-OKAY, but as long as a democrat supports it, you guys go crazy. So what puppets have you been TOLD to support?
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    Yep, I immediately turned the game off once I saw this BS!! I'm sorry, but shouldn't they KNOW English to where all of this spanish crap is unnecessary? I could have sworn that our forefathers were trying to avoid these situations? Let me guess, Bush and all the other republicans that want amnesty are A-OKAY, but as long as a democrat supports it, you guys go crazy. So what puppets have you been TOLD to support?
    Darth why are you always making remarks about Repubs ? This board is a mix of people from different political beliefs and we try very hard to respect one another.

We are here because we all agree Illegal Immigration must be stopped not to take potshots at each other.

You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about or how Repubs here feel about the betrayal they feel by Bush etc.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Re: Sunday Night Football Team labels in spanish

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    They also had New York in Spanish on the score. I know I was pretty mad when I saw this. Football is not a Hispanic game or any other country or race. IT IS AMERICAN.
    You must have missed the label saying: "Futbol Americano."
    Nope, saw that too and hear and noticed it was even announced in a heavy Hispanic accent. All 13 football coaches in my office said they turned the game off at that point. None of us want to see this American sport basterdized by selling out to racial or ethnic groups of any kind.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I saw it on Monday night football also and turned it off.

Also announcer said I want to thank all the hispanic people .
    and commercials in Spanish also .

I could have sworn this was America

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12