Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Support for rancher being sued...

Please post a comment at the Tucson Citizen in support of rancher,
    Roger Barnett. We can't allow our freedoms to be taken away while
    money hungry opportunist take over our country.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/33820.php

Does anyone know what rights a person has if they lease land? Why would they lease the land if everyone can use it anyway?

I was curious about that myself. I'd figure it would still be his land as long as he made his payments and they would have no "right" to tresspass there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I found a website that gives some general information but I haven't found the answer to our question yet. Maybe he only has grazing rights(?) There is also some information under " Frequently Asked Questions" about permits. I think the "victims" only had one permit. I would love to get my hands on the trial information to get all of the facts on this case.

http://www.land.state.az.us/support/faqs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    I found a website that gives some general information but I haven't found the answer to our question yet. Maybe he only has grazing rights(?) There is also some information under " Frequently Asked Questions" about permits. I think the "victims" only had one permit. I would love to get my hands on the trial information to get all of the facts on this case.

http://www.land.state.az.us/support/faqs.htm
    The one thing that STUCK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB was the fact that these people have TRESSPASSED on this land several times and have been caught. It's by no means that they were ignorant........only that they believe that they have the right to tresspass & hunt on the leased land.

Also interesting is that, through their past experienses with this leasee of this land and knowing that he would be armed, they took their children AND a friend's child into that situation! What parent would put children into that situation KNOWINGLY? I find that absolutely abusive.

Set-up, imho. A set-up by the ACLU & like minded groups to use willing LEGAL Latinos in the attempt to muddy the waters.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

they took their children AND a friend's child into that situation! What parent would put children into that situation KNOWINGLY? I find that absolutely abusive

That is exactly what I said on the Tucson Citizen website. If you get a chance, please write in too and let them know how you feel.

Do you have any good resources for information on this case? The media is jaded.

NEESE
    re: resources.......only what our folks on Alipac have gathered. We have one piece pertaining to the fact that these people have been stopped on this land in the past. That's the article that finally put this into perspective for me and I realized that these folks were no innocent babes.

I'm quite angry, and keep in mind that our family -kids as well, are experienced with firearms so there's no gun fear biasing my opinion........
    that these people placed these kids in a potentially serious situation.

NOW THINK ABOUT THIS:
    could it be that THEY KNEW that the leasee was NOT dangerous? Hmmmm? That he, just as most ranchers, would always be armed for the occassional cat, snake, bandito, etc, and has never hurt anyone while holding them? Therefore, the case smells even more! Why would they put those kids in that postion as parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    they took their children AND a friend's child into that situation! What parent would put children into that situation KNOWINGLY? I find that absolutely abusive

That is exactly what I said on the Tucson Citizen website. If you get a chance, please write in too and let them know how you feel.

Do you have any good resources for information on this case? The media is jaded.
    oK from what i can get.this rancher caught these people on his land(lease or not) and he had a weapon on him(for self defend).oh and he call them names.is that right? he did not shoot them in the leg or anything?

From what I understand, and anyone with better info please jump in....
    it was his word against theirs as to whether or not he "used racial epithets." They outnumbered him.

Someone from the Tucson Citizen said that Mr Barnett was "terrorizing and intimidating folks". Is it safe to assume that he meant the people that were on this man's land? Were there other people involved? I can't imagine that he would threaten anyone who wasn't breaking the law. I wish all of these people were as supportive to the American citizens who are being threatened by the drug cartels and the Mexican military. Who's side are they on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast