Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Melissa wrote:

James Dobson (leader of Focus on the Family) is talking about running a 3rd party conservative candidate - that would split the party.
    You're absolutely right, Melissa. Hopefully this Dobson character will come to his senses soon and decide to support Duncan Hunter or Tom Tancredo.

Please email/call him and ask him to support Duncan Hunter or Tom Tancredo. They are already in the race, conservative, and there's still time to bump them up to Tier 1 with the help of people like Dobson.

Email form - http://family.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/fami ... _lva=14190

Toll-free phone number is (800) A-FAMILY (232-6459).
    Consider it done. Of course my first recommendation will be Duncan Hunter. He seems like the logical choice for the religious rights support.

Family advocate doesn't want to be president

By DJ Slater
    Wausau Daily Herald
    dslater@wdhprint.com

As the campaign season for the 2008 presidential election continues to heat up, the Republican picture came slightly into focus after a potential candidate denied rumors that he'll join the fray.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., and a national advocate for the preservation of Judeo-Christian values, told the Daily Herald on Thursday that he will not run for president in next year's election.

Even with the Republican Party nomination up for grabs, the presidency does not interest him, he said.

"No, I don't (have any interest)," Perkins said. "None whatsoever."

The speculation of Perkins' interest stemmed from a meeting he attended Sept. 29 in Salt Lake City with conservative leaders. As they discussed the presidential field, concerns rose over the possibility of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani winning the nomination.

In such a scenario, Perkins said he would support a third-party candidate, mainly because of Giuliani's abortion rights stance.

"That would be a point we could not support," he said.

Perkins, who was a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2002, served in Louisiana's Legislature for eight years before joining the Family Research Council in 2003.

Although he has observed the field of candidates, he couldn't pinpoint one who supported all the values he promotes. The problem, he said, is the candidates each support portions of his beliefs, but not all of them.

If he had to choose, Perkins said he'd lean toward candidates such as Rep. Duncan Hunter, Sens. John McCain and Sam Brownback and former Sen. Fred Thompson, with Hunter as his favorite.

If any candidate is to break away from the rest, Perkins thinks it will happen about two weeks from now at the Voter Value Summit in Washington, D.C., an event Perkins will host.

"That event could be the point when we see a conservative begin to emerge," he said. "I'm very optimistic that there will be a very solid pro-life, pro-family candidate."
    http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/apps/p ... 50671/1981

The following blog explains a lot:

[quote]Duncan Hunter--He Does Speak For Me
    A passionate little article which has come to our attention. Apparently not everyone was satisfied with what happened at the Values Voter Debate last night.

by Ambrose Athanasius

There are various groups in America who meet, make declarations, even hold straw polls, and then presume to speak for the rest of us.

I had the misfortune to witness such a meeting over the web last evening. The “Values Voter Debateâ€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good info, MW. I agree Duncan would be a wonderful choice for this proposed new party. His record is great on the Christian values issues. Tom's is as well. There is absolutely no reason why this party should not strongly consider these two men.

This needs to happen. We may be at the cross-roads. The winds are shifting. I would love to pull a coup, and rip the conservative movement out of the power of the globalists and lobbies.

I have already written them. Maybe W can get in contact with them. I think if we join forces we can conquer the world!!.......Well, at least save our nation. Two major conservative voting blocs joining forces.....there still is power with the people. The lobbies do not control the universe. The 2 party sytem does not run our lives!!!
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12