Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Syria President Assad Threatens War

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... ode=244B-1

Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2006 10:26 a.m. EDT

Syria President Assad Threatens War

Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad says his country is prepared for war with Israel and warned that the Golan Heights would be seized "by Syrian hands.”
    In an interview with the Egyptian publication Al-Usbu after the ceasefire in Lebanon went into effect, Assad declared: "Syria has been prepared and ready since the first day of the war . . .
    "We and the resistance (Hezbollah) read clearly that the day of confrontation was definitely approaching. The current war is five years old, and there were widespread preparations for this day.”
    Assad said he is convinced that steps toward peace "have fallen off, and that the Golan will be liberated by Syrian hands.”
    Asked what the expected results would be if Israel launched an attack against Syria, Assad said: "If Israel acts with adventurism and enters into a war with Syria, this will be the beginning of a heavy price that it will pay.”
    Assad said Hezbollah’s conflict with Israel marks "a new stage in the history of [the Arab] nation, and he remarked ominously: "To this day no one in American intelligence or Israeli intelligence knows what the true capabilities of the resistance are.”
    The Syrian government daily Al-Thawra claimed Hezbollah had achieved a military victory over Israel, which "forced the Americans to make huge diplomatic efforts aimed at preventing [the victory] from being translated into a new political reality.”
    On Tuesday, Germany’s foreign minister abruptly canceled a planned visit to Syria after Assad gave a speech ridiculing Israel’s military offensive in Lebanon and warning against disarming Hezbollah.
    Frank-Walter Steinmeier had already boarded a plane in Jordan for the flight to Syria when he canceled the trip, saying Assad’s speech was "going in completely the wrong direction” on the need for peace in the region.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Just for the fun of it.......take note of Aug. 22. That is the day they are to give the answer about stopping their nuclear stuff and the last day of one of their holy holidays.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I for one will worry that day, my daughter has to fly to Maryland to John Hopkins that day, she has never flown, she is terrified! I have been reading at different sites, that crazy little man in Iran has some plans for that day I am thinking! He scares me, hw wants to bring on the Apocalypse, has said so many times, how do you reason with someone like that?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Whatever happened to Bush's "you're either with us or against us" policy? It seems that both Assad and Lebanon's little yapping dog of a president have chosen their sides.

Nittygritty, I would tell your daughter not to fret. She's still vastly safer in an airplane than in a car or pretty much any other form of transportation. The only thing to fear is the TSA agents.

For what it's worth, I'll be hopping to Munich, Amsterdam, and London in the next few weeks and I have no qualms whatsoever.

Nittygritty your daughter shouldn't worry. It's so much safer to fly than drive on highways with the illegals. Plus it's a lot faster.

He scares me, hw wants to bring on the Apocalypse, has said so many times, how do you reason with someone like that?

Exactly what I heard and can't wait to do it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you guys, I will tell my daughter what you have said, CrocketsGhost, you be careful on your flights also, I am sure you know to be attentive to who rides with you! My little girl,(she will always be my little girl) is a survivor, probably when it is all said and done, it will be her old man,(she dares to call me that, ) who will really be the one doing the worrying here.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I have a theory about the Middle East. Every time one of them gets in a snit and starts a fight, the others can't sit back and watch. They are so emotional that they all want to jump in and beat on someone. Reminds me of a pack of wild dogs. All the sabers start rattling. I'm starting to believe they thrive on conflict in the Middle East. Remember back when we went into Afghanistan? India and Pakistan wanted to start something over Cashmere. Then Turkey and Iran stated fussing. Well, Syria wants in on the action now. I think Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are the most level headed followed by the fearless Turks. I have some hope for Afghanistan and Pakistan. The rest of them, if left unchecked, would kill themselves off. When are they going to learn to ignore what they others are doing? Just try to follow the trial of who has been allies of each country over the ages. Better yet, just the 20th Century, because that alone is a perplexing mass of tangled allegiances, which constantly changes. If the truth be told, they really don’t like each other but they all seem to agree that they don’t like Israel. If Israel wasn’t around to be the scapegoat, imagine how war torn the middle east would be. They would turn on each other.

Dixie

Very interesting. I'm not surprised by the smack-talk from Syria, but what was said and with the German foreign minister cancelling his visit, interesting indeed.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.