Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo explains WHY Congress fears issue of ilgl immi

Tom Tancredo answered a puzzling question on O'Reilly just this week:

Talking Points Memo & Top Story
    The border & the American people
    Guests: Sen. Tom Coburn & Rep. Tom Tancredo

The Factor was joined by two politicians who are staunch advocates of border reform. Colorado Representative Tom Tancredo said his colleagues fear the issue for two reasons.

1. This country has become hooked on cheap labor. A lot of pressure is put on individual congress people to not do anything about the borders for fear of impeding the flow of cheap labor.

2. The other thing is the fear about the political backlash that would come from minority groups. Those two things have trumped national security."

Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn added that many politicians are simply out of touch with their constituents. "A lot of people in Washington don't understand the feeling in the country, that people want the border closed. They want it closed for national security reasons but also for economic reasons. Their schools and hospitals are being overrun and we can't handle the flow of illegal immigrants."

Representative Tancredo said the "Secure Our Borders" petition could play a major role in turning the tide. "The way things change in Washington is when people get upset and demand change."

Link: Bill's letter to President Bush
    Link: www.reformus.org

Denying "sanctuary"
    Guest: New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson

New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson has vetoed a bill that would have made the entire state a "sanctuary." Had the bill passed, local police would have been prohibited from cooperating with federal immigration authorities or even asking suspected criminals about their legal status. Governor Richardson joined The Factor and explained his objections to the bill. "This hamstrung state law enforcement. For example, if a state police officer saw someone illegally crossing the border he couldn't call the border patrol. The state legislature was overreaching." The Factor commended Governor Richardson for standing up to the ACLU and other organizations that favored the law. "You did the right thing. That was a very courageous veto. It would have been a catastrophe for your state.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

I'm calling Tancredo's office{s} Monday to ask them if he's given thought to using RICO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm calling Tancredo, Richardson and Coburn come Monday morning and I'm going to thank them for standing tall on this issue. I think those that are standing with us should know how we feel, and that along with all the heat they'll take...they also get some recognition. I just may include Arnold in those calls...

As for the rest of them they should probably start fearing the backlash from the majority and stop worrying about hispandering to the few. Probably a lot of those could be DEPORTED.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

The other thing is the fear about the political backlash that would come from minority groups. Those two things have trumped national security."
    Think about this for a minute.
    What about the backlash you are getting from the MAJORITY group?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Congress is afraid of minority groups.. they don't do what they have been asked to do there-in. Wow.

1. We need a national referendum on Immigration! That takes the issue out of the hands of lobby groups and checkbooks, and with a little luck.. forever. AFTER you send the petition to your representitive.. you can ask your congress person for a National Referendum and maybe we will stire Foggy Bottom up.

2. This is a significant lobby group for all Americans! We are non-violent, and we are asking that the laws be enforced. Not complicated political processes beyond enforcing the law. And a national referendum.. if management decides to get behind it.. would be a simple expression of the will of the American People. May I suggest we write our congress people and tell them.

3. Our competition is significant, and very well funded. Mexico stands to lose some 19 billion dollars a year send-home-money if we win the immigration battle. But also a huge amount of money coming to them from Narcotics. But we pay for that junk if we let it continue.. we need this battle very much.

4. Support the issues. Support the petitions. Losing will hurt you and I for a long, long time to come.

5. We can send this post to our Representitives and ask them to be as couragous as the Governor of New Mexico and we should!!

http://www.congress.org and it is a really easy link to use. Send the petition, ask for a National Referendum on Immigration, and send this post to your Reps. Do it over a couple of days... let get them in.

SHAW wrote

1. We need a national referendum on Immigration!

How would we go about accomplishing a national referendum? I need a quick education
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You ask for a National Referendum. the effect of the referendum is to make the wishes of the majority known. Add another 30 million illegal aliens who vote and you coud wind up with a no. It sort of needs to get done!

It could be done state by state.. it could be done on the national ballot.

SHAW, I know what a referendum is but what I want to know is exactly how we can accomplish bringing it into reality?

where do we start?
    who do we talk to?
    etc.

Tancredo explains why

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    The other thing is the fear about the political backlash that would come from minority groups. Those two things have trumped national security."
    Think about this for a minute.
    What about the backlash you are getting from the MAJORITY group?
    DAMN RIGHT!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    SHAW wrote

1. We need a national referendum on Immigration!

How would we go about accomplishing a national referendum? I need a quick education
    In my first post, I described one possible way in which this could be done.
    http://www.alipac.org/ftopict-1412-.html

A former Senator is working on a National Initiative, to create a National Initiative... Basically, the idea is if more than 50 million people sign the initiative, then that will result in the enactment of the Democracy Amendment to the U.S. Constitution...

Then, once we have the power of a National Initiative, then we can enact federal laws through these initiatives... Perhaps, there could be some initiative to increase interior enforcement against employers hiring illegals... Or perhaps to deny all government benefits to illegals.

This is NOT a completely radical idea... We already have State Ballot Initiatives in about 25 states... ( You can see which states by going to the following website and then scrolling down to the middle of the page: www.iandrinstitute.org/ballotwatch.htm )

Arizona used its ballot iniative to create Prop 200 and put it on the ballot for the 2004 election ( www.pan2004.com )... This initiative prevented illegals from receiving state benefits and having the right to vote... It passed and so became law as of last year by something like 56% of the vote... Interestingly, about 46% of hispanics voted for it.

Although illegal immigration is a serious problem, I think the biggest problem facing our country is that we lack a well-functioning democracy... Basically, the elites decide everything and they don't really care what the majority of people think... This is a problem which affects so many issues.

So, I'm interested in the idea of Direct Democracy... In fact, I decided to include this in my first post that I put on this website (the link is at the top of this post)... Also, I have it in my signature... Click on www.ni4d.us (or www.vote.org )... You can place your vote for the National Initiative right on the website...

I voted for it, and if enough people do, then we will have a National Initiative where We The People can directly pass laws and thus fix the immigration problem - which as we know, is merely a problem of will rather than way... Specifically, the people at the top do NOT will it, whereas the majority of Americans do.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast