Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JBJ
    Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    The other thing is the fear about the political backlash that would come from minority groups. Those two things have trumped national security."
    Think about this for a minute.
    What about the backlash you are getting from the MAJORITY group?
    Face it - if you offend the minority, you are a racist and a bigot.

It matters not the reasoning behind that offense, nor does it matter if it is right or wrong. Offend the minority, you are a bigot.

WELCOME JBJ!

MUMMY thanx for the info
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It matters not the reasoning behind that offense, nor does it matter if it is right or wrong. Offend the minority, you are a bigot.
    Those words....bigot, racist...flung into the conversation seems to just put everyone's brain on 'freeze'...no debate can continue until those words are dealt with. There is no defense for a negative so the debate is dropped...the accusers win again.

I've decided to totally ignore name-calling, insinuation, innuendo, and all other underhanded methods of avoiding a proper and realistic conversation and/or debate.

If I'm a bigot...so sue me. I see no bigotry, no racism in insisting that the laws wrought by my nation over the centuries be enforced. If they're bad laws, we can change them. If they've not been bad laws...tough stuff, whiners..LIVE WITH IT.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson has vetoed a bill that would have made the entire state a "sanctuary." Had the bill passed, local police would have been prohibited from cooperating with federal immigration authorities or even asking suspected criminals about their legal status. Governor Richardson joined The Factor and explained his objections to the bill. "This hamstrung state law enforcement. For example, if a state police officer saw someone illegally crossing the border he couldn't call the border patrol. The state legislature was overreaching." The Factor commended Governor Richardson for standing up to the ACLU and other organizations that favored the law. "You did the right thing. That was a very courageous veto. It would have been a catastrophe for your state.
    WOW I'm extremely shocked that he did this. Usually Gov Richardson is beyond horrible on this issue. He always sides with the Mexican government. I wonder what changed his mind?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Those words....bigot, racist...flung into the conversation seems to just put everyone's brain on 'freeze'...no debate can continue until those words are dealt with. There is no defense for a negative so the debate is dropped...the accusers win again.

I've decided to totally ignore name-calling, insinuation, innuendo, and all other underhanded methods of avoiding a proper and realistic conversation and/or debate.RR
    I know! Don't you just hate that! I't's like saying 'eww I hate myself for being me, because I'm different than some other people'. Doesn't EVERYBODY like YOURSELF more than ANYONE else?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ABSOLUTELY

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Well since the word racist, in today's hysterical ant-racism McCarthyesque era, is about the worst thing you can call somebody, I think the Minutemen, Tancredo, Terry Anderson ect should hire libel lawyer Linn Wood and sue every rag newspaper and political hack who called them racists. I am dead serious.

Add vigilantes and I'm with you....
    RR

DMAN wrote
    WOW I'm extremely shocked that he did this. Usually Gov Richardson is beyond horrible on this issue. He always sides with the Mexican government. I wonder what changed his mind?
    Maybe............oh, let me think really hard now.........hmmmmmm...............
    SAVING HIS JOB ya think??

BobC - isn't Lynn in jail? Oh, shucks, that shouldn't matter now that I think about it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    SAVING HIS JOB ya think??
    Or his chances for 2008. Hillary was grilling the DIA guy about - horrors - the N. Koreans now have nukes. How COULD it have happened?, asked, Hillary Clinton, wife of former President . . Bill Clinton. How indeed? So Richardson is 'triangulating' a bit on his own?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12