Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo says he'll run for President

I am not sure I am doing this correctly, but I am sure someone will let me know. Here is the link http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/print ... E_ID=43531

(added by ALIPAC)

Tancredo considers
    White House bid
    Congressman to run if no other Republican takes on border issue

Posted: March 28, 2005
    8:35 p.m. Eastern

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., fresh from victory in three online presidential straw polls over formidable candidates, told Joseph Farah's radio audience today he would run for president in 2008 if no other Republican candidate takes the border issue seriously.

"I'll tell you what," he said, "if no one else does it, I will do it."

Tancredo is the head of the House Immigration Reform Caucus and has challenged his own party's president on the issue of an insecure border and his proposed "guest worker" proposal.

Tancredo said he was encouraged by President Bush's recent meeting with Mexican President Vicente Fox because the U.S. leader told his counterpart he would continue to push for more lenient immigration policies but could not guarantee they would be approved by Congress.

The Colorado congressman said he believes Bush was signaling defeat and giving permission to GOP dissenters to vote their conscience on the issue.

He also said he is nearly certain Congress is going to insist the administration hire more Border Patrol agents than the 200 authorized by Bush.

In an inventive online straw poll of 64 possible Republican presidential candidates, Tancredo has blown away three high-profile opponents and is heading to the final eight showdown matching up Haley Barbour, Newt Gingrich, Dennis Hastert, Bill Frist, Jeb Bush, Condoleezza Rice and J.C. Watts.

In earlier contests, Tancredo knocked off former presidential candidate Sen. John McCain in the first round, talk-radio king Rush Limbaugh in the second and Sen. John Thune in the third round. He now faces Barbour to make it to the final four.

The poll is organized by a St. Louis Republican survey company that specializes in automated polling. Survey Saint Louis has been commissioned by Bush-Cheney '04, the Republican National Committee and several statewide candidates in Missouri.

The survey is part of the company's "Presidential March Madness" sweepstakes that began March 17 with pair-ups of 64 possible candidates for the GOP nomination in 2008. In the first round, Tancredo beat Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., 73.9 percent to 26.1 percent with more than 2,000 votes cast. Final voting in the Tancredo vs. Limbaugh contest gave the congressman a 70 percent to 30 percent edge with more than 4,200 votes cast.

Tancredo has been the biggest vote-getter in the contest to date.

Each day through April 4, new surveys winnow the candidates down to a single mock GOP nominee.

Hear "Joseph Farah's WorldNetDaily Radioactive," the daily, nationally syndicated radio show featuring WND's founder.

Farah's new network, Golden Broadcasters, has been formed with the live, three-hour, drive-time program as the flagship.

The new Dallas-based company will be a full-service network providing programming, radio production, Internet streaming, satellite delivery and sales and affiliate relations. Farah continues broadcasting from the nation's capital, Washington, D.C., as he has for the past two years.

The show airs Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern with a refeed from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. on ABC Starguide, Transponder 23, Satellite AMC-8.

The call-in number for the show is 1-877-232-4855. Golden Broadcasters can be reached at 972-871-8802.

In addition to his daily talk-radio program, Farah serves as editor and chief executive officer of WorldNetDaily, one of the largest news agencies in the world founded specifically for the Internet. He also writes a daily column for WorldNetDaily and a weekly column for Creators Syndicate.

Farah is also founder of WND Books, a three-year-old book-publishing enterprise that has produced a remarkable string of best-selling current affairs titles, including Michael Savage's "The Savage Nation" and "The Enemy Within," Jayna Davis' "The Third Terrorist" and Wayne LaPierre's "Guns, Freedom and Terrorism."

Farah also publishes the highly acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine and the weekly intelligence online newsletter "Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin."

It is preferable that you post the entire story with the link at the top.

Look at some other posts in the forum for an example.

Usually the link goes at the top .. then obviously the headline of the article and usually the author's name and date of the article .. all provided in the article itself. Then the text of your story. Be sure, if there are pictures, to edit out the caption unless you plan to post the picture. And sometimes you can't avoid picking up the side text so you'll have to edit that out too. Side text as in advertisements or additional news story headlines.

It's best to use the headline from the article when it is a news story to help avoid duplication. That way, a poster can search existing posts to see if the item has already been posted to the forum by someone else.

If you have questions let me know or someone else will hop in and answer I'm sure.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Thank you very much Darlene. We have been pushing the staw vote hard in this place. I believe, too, that is DOES speak to the powers that be and that article is good news.

BUT... other news articles ... in Yahoo last night, indicated a show down was coming. Conservative Republicans are going to fight the Liberal Republicans who want amnesty in place. Please do a post card to haster folks. And do post cards to Republicans in the Senate if you can. The Senate is the body that is wobbling about law enforcement on this issue.

I pulled this thread from March.

Congressman Tom Tancredo said that he WOULD run for president if he had to.

I say we hold him to it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To me, he looked a little stressed tonight. No wonder, he's about the only congressman who is actually working for the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We should ALL send him a Christmas card TOMORROW. We should all thank him and tell him that we hope he can put this aside for a few days over Christmas, because WE support him so much

Congressman Tom Tancredo
    1130 Longworth HOB
    Washington, D.C. 20515-0606

Phone: 202-225-7882

tms

For all of those in Colorado:

District Office
    6099 South Quebec St., Suite 200
    Centennial, Colorado 80111-4547

Castle Rock Office
    240 Wilcox St.
    Castle Rock, Colorado 80111-4547
    720.283.9772 Littleton Office

Littleton Office
    1800 W. Littleton Blvd.
    Littleton, Colorado 80111-4547

Please send him a card even is he isn't your rep!
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

When Tancredo and others spoke at the anti-invasion rally in Council Bluffs Iowa last summer I shouted out when he was done speaking, "Tancredo for president!!!!!"

By the way, if any of ya'll was there I was the extremely handsome chap sitting on the cement wall holding the POW/MIA flag.

Sadly, despite my admiration of Tancredo, he is lacking in public speaking skills and does not have a whole lot of charisma.

Sure, he will likely get the votes of the "invasion aware" folks but how about all those whose greed prohibits seeing how the country, society, culture and those Americans without the wealth to distance themselves from the invading horde are being harmed? There is, unfortunately, a sufficiently large class of folks whose greed and desire for wealth and power will lead them to vote for the candidate that supports the status quo.

Tancredo MIGHT be able to win but I believe it would be his supporters that gathered the votes, not Tancredo hisself.

OOPS! look at the date on that article: March 28, 2005. Something happened since then to make him back off but no one has ever said what or why. I can't help but wonder if someone threatened him or his family like they did Perot's family.

I hope he changes his mind because once Tom throws his hat in the ring I will know who will get my vote.

I think he's just waiting to see what happens right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast