Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    My wife and I just got done firing off a long letter to Chancellor Thorp and the Student Union. There is no way they should have let this happen. The students and STAFF that were involved need to be disciplined and this newly formed group need to be banned from the University.
    Wonderful BigTex I am so glad you decided to contact the Chancellor.Your wifes story is so moving and needs to be heard by our misguided youth !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We made CNN. Thank you Lou Dobbs Show!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestof ... rupted.cnn

W
    This is wonderful. One way to look at this situation is that it is history in the making in a way. This might be a turning point. Turning to what - I don't know. I guess thats up to us....the opposition is getting more and more violent and we just need to keep pushing back harder while staying peaceful as possible and keep fighting with our brains and not our emotions.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    And they have the gall to call us terriorist!! these are the radicals and what amazes me is the adults or guards had no control over these thugs and refused to protect Tancredo's freedom of speech....so now who are the Radicals??

These are the groups you should be concerned with Napolitano !! not the peaceful protesters or patriotic Americans!

You're right SoSad......

I was watching the reaction of the gentleman in the yellow striped tie as he was speaking with W when they were clearing the room. I got the impression that he's with UNC Security.

Anyway, what struck me about him was how shaken up by this he appeared to be. I mean, he really looked rattled by what had just occured.

I got the distinct impression that NO ONE was prepared for this. They may have expected some minor, civilized protest of a conservative speaker as they have seen in the past, but the overall impression was that they just were not expecting anything even close to this magnitude.

In all fairness though, it looked like everyone was stunned.....even the normally unflappable college kids who, I must say, for the most part seemed very disapproving of the actions of their peers.....even those who might not have been there as fans of Tom didn't look very pleased with what they had just witnessed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

4 videos on this story. One has W in it and a good shot of one of the "teachers":

Students at UNC deny former Congressman Tancredo free speech
    April 16, 11:41 AM · 11 comments
    Feed

(Photo/University of North Carolina)

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Former Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) was at the University of North Carolina Tuesday, where he was scheduled to speak to students about illegal immigration and in-state tuition. As he began speaking, several students interrupted and made sure Tancredo would not be able to exercise his right of free speech.

Instead of listening to what Tancredo had to say and discussing it respectfully, shouts and insults from some students rang out in the classroom directed at Tancredo. “Racist!â€

Office of the Chancellor
    103 South Building
    Campus Box 9100
    Chapel Hill, NC 27599-9100

chancellor@unc.edu
    Phone: (919) 962-1365
    Fax: (919) 962-1647

ANQ
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123