Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    He may run for Senate, which would be good also.
    That would be awesome. But from what he said in the article, it didn't sound like those are his plans. You never know, I remember reading an article where he said that he would not run for president. For our part, we should all e-mail him, and call his office asking him to run for the Senate. I'm pretty sure that is what happened when he had decided not to run for president, then he received a huge response from people requesting that he run, and he responded. That may work for a Senatorial run as well.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Rocky Mountain News : October 29 , 2007 -- by M.E. Sprengelmeyer

"Until now, Tancredo has tried to put off any talk of what he would do if his White House bid fell flat. But over the summer, he began hinting that he had his eyes on a 2010 contest against Sen. Ken Salazar, a Democrat he sees as his polar opposite on the immigration issue."

http://www.numbersusa.com/news?ID=9068
    oh, well then.. that is a different hahah. This actually is better for us then. Okay, great... He should still should drop and support Dr. Paul.

Damn, I just realised that we are losing both Tom and Duncan in the House. That could be a pretty big blow to our movement

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    In a telephone interview from Iowa, where he is campaigning, Tancredo called his presidential run an odd experience because people like his stand on immigration but support another candidate.

"So many people come up and they are applauding and screaming and hollering (for him), but they are wearing somebody else's sticker," he said.

This is the problem with the Rep primary voters. They have great views on immigration, but turn around and support Giuliani or Romney just because they think they have a better chance, and are the "front runners." They have all of the lobby money and media attention, so the voters just let these elites tell them who to vote for.

It sounds like Tom just wants immigration to be a huge national issue. I believe that that is the main prupose for his presidential run.....He wanted it discussed in the debates, he wanted the other candidates to have to adress it, and at least try to look firm on it. I think he has succeeded in that. And now that immigration is a huge national issue it appears that Tom is going to hang his hat up in the House. I would prefer that he remain there, but I understand what he is saying. I think he wants the nation to be saved, and has done his part in doing so. He must feel confident that things have changed so much for the better on this issue, that his influence and legacy on this issue will live on and flourish without him.

I think your right in your summery of him .

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Those of us who have fought this tooth and nail for years need the American people to get off their butts and help . it is wearing us all down . In some cases has even been dangerous .

I will keep fighting until I see no hope of the compalacent ever getting involved ,then I too will seek cover and wait for the results .
    I am starting to fear the seek cover and wait for the results option may be coming sooner than we think. I honestly do not know what else to do. With the scamnesty act last summer and now the 2 dream acts threatened, my life just grinds to a halt while we stop the 'barbarians at the gates', literally. Each time, more people become 'aware' but I worry this may not be happening fast enough.

I think this man may feel like he is fighting this battle mostly alone .

Michael Savage is also getting frustrated to the point of losing it 'imo' . His already tactless personality has become insulting and mean . He has been begging others to get involved for years . Then when he was personally attacked and threatened only a handfull full of his listening Americans came to his defense when the mob of criminals protested outside his studio .

Even if you don't like Savages personality, you have to respect that he tells the truth 90% of the time . I consider him the George Patton of talk radio ! Patton had few friends and no tact , but was a hell of a war winning general .

America can't keep exspecting others to fight their battles for them .

Good luck to Tancredo and he fought a good fight .
    I agree with you about Michael Savage.

We have had some possitive effects also .

We now have Lou Dobbs, Glenn beck and other major news media starting to speak out . My hope is more people will listen and take action .

Plus we have each other here and other sites to keep us going when we get down .

So I will keep fighting awhile longer . Don't give up yet . I have already given up 100 times but come back to the fight . I vent and that helps .

At least we can say we tried and didn't give in to the traitors and invaders .

You can post this back to me on my n ext vent fit ! HaHa .

Damn, I just realised that we are losing both Tom and Duncan in the House. That could be a pretty big blow to our movement
    Did Duncan Hunter say that he will not run again also? Ididn't hear anything about that?
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremex
    Did Duncan Hunter say that he will not run again also? Ididn't hear anything about that?
    I heard MW (Hunter's #1 supporter here) say that he is retiring from the House. Maybe he can confirm this.

See you at the signing!!

JRB
    There seems to be a lot of speculation on this subject. I sure hate the thought of loosing Tom in the congress. Does any of the hire ups in ALIPAC have the clout to contact Tom and get the real scoop on whats happening?

I hate to say this but Tom might as well stop his Presidential bid if he's announced leaving the house. If he were to retract that retirement statement, it might even do him greater harm against his presidential run. I'm really disappointed. I was hoping that Tom would stay around long enough to be selected by Duncan Hunter or Ron Paul as VP, or long enough to select Hunter or Paul as VP..oh well,

DUNCAN HUNTER, WE NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER NOW!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

I heard MW (Hunter's #1 supporter here) say that he is retiring from the House. Maybe he can confirm this.
    Here you go:

[quote]Rep. Duncan Hunter will not seek reelection
    By Betsy Rothstein
    March 20, 2007
    White House hopeful Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) will not seek reelection next year as his 30-year-old son prepares to mount a race for his father’s seat.

Duncan D. Hunter, the lawmaker’s son, confirmed late Tuesday that the 110th Congress will be his father’s last.
    The younger Hunter, who is working on his father’s presidential campaign, is in Washington this week.

Rep. Hunter’s office confirmed his retirement from Congress. “My understanding is yes. Congressman Hunter does not intend to run for two offices simultaneously and presently does not intend to seek reelection in the 52nd congressional district,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast